Seiji Yamaguchi, M.D.
Assistant Professor/Clinical of Surgery
Dr. Seiji Yamaguchi received his Baccalaureate Degree from the University of Virginia, a Masters Degree in Physiology followed by a Doctorate of Medicine from Georgetown University School of Medicine. Dr. Yamaguchi completed his General Surgery Residency at Temple University Hospital and his Fellowship in Abdominal Transplant Surgery from the University of California-San Francisco.
Dr. Yamaguchi will be involved in all aspects of abdominal transplantation at University Transplant Center. His special interests are in living donor liver transplantation, and he will be an important partner to Dr. Tarun Klair and our team in continuing to grow this important aspect of our Center. Dr. Yamaguchi also has a strong interest in organ preservation research and will be helping us grow our research efforts within the Center for Life. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons.
- 2020 - Fellow - Abdominal Transplants Surgery - University of California - San Francisco
- 2018 - Chief Resident - General Surgery - Temple Univeristy Hospital
- 2013 - MD - Georgetown University School of Medicine
- 2009 - MS - Masters Program in Physiology - Georgetown University
- 2007 - BA - Biology - University of Virginia
- 2020 - Assistant Professor/Clinical - UT Health San Antonio
1. Thiessen C, Wisel S, Yamaguchi S, Dietch Z, Feng S, Freise C. "Rapid Modification of Workflows and Fellow Staffing at a Single Transplant Center to Address the COVID-19 Crisis." Transplant Proc. 2020 May; S0041-1345(20)32483-0.
2. Dauer E, Yamaguchi S, Yu D, Lu X, Kelley K, Sharpe J, Manley N, Harvin JA, Taub EA, Goldenberg-Sandau A, Patel K, Omi E, Mashbari H, Hartwell J, Brocker J. "Major venous injury and large volume crystalloid resuscitation: A limb threatening combination." Am J Surg. 2020 Jan; 219(1): 38-42.
3. Nunn A, Prakash P, Inaba K, Escalante A, Maher Z, Yamaguchi S, Kim DY, Maciel J, Chiu WC, Drumheller B, Hazelton JP, Mukherjee K, Luo-Owen X, Nygaard RM, Marek AP, Morse BC, Fitzgerald CA, Bosarge PL, Jawa RS, Rowell SE, Magnotti LJ, Ong AW, Brahmbhatt TS, Grossman MD, Seamon MJ. "Occupational Exposure During Emergency Department Thoracotomy: A Prospective, Multi-Institution Study." J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2018 Jul; 85(1): 78-84.
4. Hynes CF, Yamaguchi S, Bond CD, Marshall MB. "Reversal of sympathetic interruption by removal of clips." Ann Thorac Surg. 2015 Mar; 99(3): 1020-3.
5. Yamaguchi S, Marshall MB. "Outpatient Laparoscopic Repair of a Morgagni Hernia." Surg Innov. 2013 Dec; 20(6):NP38-9.
6. Li L, Larabee SM, Chen S, Basiri L, Yamaguchi S, Zakaria A, Gallicano GI. "Novel 5’TOPmRNAs Regulated by Ribosomal S6 Kinase Are Important for Cardiomyocyte Development: S6 Kinase Suppression Limits Cardiac Differentiation and Promotes Pluripotent Cells Toward a Neural Lineage." Stem Cells and Development. 2012 Jun 10; 21(9); 1538-48.
- 2019 - American Board of Surgery, General Surgery