Patricia I Wathen, M.D.
Residency Program Director / Residency Director (Internal Medicine)
Patricia I. Wathen was appointed Vice Chair for education in General Medicine in July 2020. She has served as Residency Program Director and Residency Director of Internal Medicine for University of Texas Health Science Center since 2013. The program for Internal Medicine Residency is the largest residency program on UTHSCSA campus. Dr. Wathen received her M.D. from Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC in 1987. She completed Residency from University of Texas Health Science Center in 1993. She acquired the American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in December 1993. Dr. Wathen has received several awards for her outstanding teaching skills since 1990.
- 1993 - Residency - Internal Medicine (NA) - University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1991 - Residency - Family Medicine (NA) - Duke/FAHEC Family Medicine Program
- 1988 - Internship - Internal Medicine (NA) - University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1987 - MD - Medicine - Georgetown University School of Medicine
- 1979 - BA - Biology (Cum Laude) - Harvard University
- 7/2013 - Internal Medicine Residency Program Director and Residency Director - U of Texas Health Science Center, Medicine, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 7/2015 - Present, Intern Learning Group, Audie Murphy VA
- 7/2014 - Present, Simulation: Central Line Training, VA
- 7/2011 - Present, Post Graduate Rotation Supervision, U of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 6/2004 - Present, Intern to Resident Retreat, UTHSCSA
- 8/1993 - Present, Audie Murphy Veteran`s Administration
- 8/1993 - Present, Medicine Clerkship (gen), The University of Texas Health Science Center
Freeman M, Wathen P, Williams J, Zhang M. Teaching Incision and Drainage of Abscess 2014 Mar. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/9736#sthash.USPMqE1M.dpuf .
- American Board of Internal Medicine