Departments & Divisions
Tiffany R Wafford, MSTM, MLS (ASCP), SBB
- 2021 - Master of Science - Transfusion Medicine - University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2010 - Bachelor of Science - Clinical Laboratory Science - University of Texas Health and Science Center San Antonio
- 2013 - Certificate of Completion - Specialist in Blood Bank Program - University of Texas Medical Branch
2021 Outstanding Clinical Laboratory Sciences Research Award - University of Texas Medical Branch
Lambda Tau Honor Society – Beta Gamma Chapter - University of Texas Medical Branch
2020 Rising Star Award - South Central Association of Blood Banks
- 09/01/2021 - Assistant Professor - UT Health San Antonio
- 09/01/2020 - Instructor - UT Health San Antonio
- 01/2019 - Adjunct Assistant Professor - UT Health San Antonio
- 01/2018 - Specialist in Bood Bank Program Faculty - BioBridge Global/ University Hospital
Research & Grants
Master’s Thesis Research - Prevalence of Rh, Kell, Kidd, Duffy, and MNS Antigens in the Hispanic donor population of South Texas
Service to the Profession
06/2021 – Present Advanced Immunohematology & Molecular Symposium Committee Co-Chair
05/2018 – 06/2021 Advanced Immunohematology & Molecular Symposium Committee Chair
05/2017 – Present Prepare Attain Succeed Specialize Committee Member
05/2019 – 06/2021 Board of Directors Secretary for the South Central Association of Blood Banks
Published Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Beddard R., Ngamsuntikul S., Wafford T., & Aranda L. (2019). Immunoglobulin M anti-A and anti-B titers in South Texas group O D+ male donors. Transfusion, 59, 2207-2210. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.15273
Smith L. A., & Roerich, T. (2011). Two cases of Anti-M: A study in contrasts. Clinical Laboratory Science, 24 (3), 154.
Wafford, T. & Walker, L. (2021). Prevalence of red blood cell antigens in the Hispanic donor population of South Texas. Transfusion 61 (S3). 141A-142A.
Beddard R., Ngamsuntikul S., Aranda L., & Wafford T. (2020). An unreported antibody to high prevalence antigen in the Kell system. Transfusion 60 (6A), 139A.