Tam Van, D.D.S.
Clinical Associate Professor
Tam T. Van, D.D.S., Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Comprehensive Dentistry, has served as the director of the Senior Care Dental Clinic since 2007.
Dr. Van completed her undergraduate dental education from UT Health San Antonio in 1997. Following graduation, she completed a one-year General Practice Residency at Olin E. Teague Veterans Center in Temple, Texas. Her clinical experience includes four years of active duty in the U.S. Air Force, stationed at Lackland Air Force Base. She then worked as a contract dentist to the Air Force while also associating in private practice for two years. To pursue her interests in community health, she left those posts to lead the Dental Services at the Daughters of Charity Services of San Antonio for three years.
Seeking to enhance her experience with special care patients, she completed a two-year Geriatric Dental Fellowship sponsored by the UT Health San Antonio Department of Medicine and the VA-Audie L. Murphy Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center in 2009. Special needs patient care, specifically the medically compromised elderly, is an area she helps undergraduate dental students to appreciate in her position in the Department of Comprehensive Dentistry.
- 2009 - Postdoctoral Fellowship - Geriatric Dentistry - UTHSCSA-Dept of Medicine and Audie Murphy Veterans' Hospital
- 1998 - Residency - General Practice - Olin E. Teague Veterans` Center
- 1997 - DDS - Dentistry - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 8/2007 - Clinical Associate Professor and Director of Geriatrics Dental Clinic - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Comprehensive Dentistry, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 7/2016 - Present, Geriatrics, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 8/2010 - Present, Undergraduate Student Supervision, UTHSCSA Dental School
Van TT. Geriatric Dentistry: A Total Patient Approach (2nd Edition) Bridgewater, NJ: MetLife; 2014 Nov.