Departments & Divisions
Philip T Valente, M.D.
Pathology and OB-GYN
Dr. Philip Valente is a pathologist in San Antonio, Texas and is affiliated with University Hospital. He received his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Valente accepts several types of health insurance, listed below. He is one of 30 doctors at University Hospital who specialize in Pathology.
- 1977 - MD - Medicine - Columbia University
- 1971 - BA - German (Magna Cum Laude) - Columbia College
- Residency - New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical Center
- Clinical Fellowship - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Residency - North Shore University Hospital
- 9/1999 - Professor of Pathology - UTHSCSA, Pathology, San Antonio
- 9/1999 - Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - UTHSCSA, Ob-Gyn, San Antonio
- 1/1989 - Consultant Pathologist, GYN Slide Review Panel - Southwest Oncology GroupSan Antonio
- 10/1988 - Staff Pathologist - University Hospital, Pathology, San Antonio
- 2/1988 - Director of Cytology - University Hospital/AMVH, Pathology, San Antonio
- 2/1988 - Director of Cytopathology Fellowship Program - UTHSCSA, Pathology, San Antonio
- 2/1988 - Medical Director - University Hospital/UTHSCSA, Pathology, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 9/1988 - Present, Pathology, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 9/1988 - Present, General Pathology, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 2/1988 - Present, Monthly conferences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UTHSCSA
Research & Grants
Funding Agency Air Force Title EFFECT OF HYPERBARIC OXYGEN ON RADIATION INDUCED BOWEL INJURY Status Complete Period - Present Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail
Funding Agency PAPNET Title PAPNET ACCESS GRANT Status Complete Period - Present Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail Funding Agency CANCER THERAPY AND RESEARCH Title APPLICATION OF FLOY CYTOMETRY FOR DNA ANALYSIS OF FINE NEEDLE ASPIRATES Status Complete Period - Present Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail Funding Agency SWOG Title SWOG GRANT K GHJ0 22 198 3 16E U10 CA22433 Status Active Period - Present Role Consultant Grant Detail Funding Agency ILEX INCORPORATED Title CERVICAL BIOPSY INTERPRETATION FOR DFMO PHASE II Status Complete Period - Present Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail Funding Agency CYTYC CORPORATION Title EVALUATION OF THIN PREP COLLECTION FOR CHLAMYDIA AND GC DETECTION WITH ROCHE AMPLICOR Status Complete Period - Present Role Contributor Grant Detail
Knudtson JF, Santos MT, Binkley PA, Tekmal RR, Schenken RS, Valente, PT. Impaired Development of Early Endometriotic Lesions in CD44 Knockout Mice; 2015 Mar. (Society for Reproductive Investigation; vol. 22, no. 1).
Valente PT. Is there virtue in CIN? At Last an Answer! Diagnostic Pathology: Open Access 2016 Jan;1(3).
Valente PT. Female Adrenal Tumor of Probable Wolffian Origin with a Biphasic Histologic Growth Pattern and Positive for C-Kit Human Pathology Case Reports 2016 Jan;4:46-49. KLatabathina VS, Amanullah FS, Menias CO, Chen MM, Valente PT, Chintapalli KN, Prasad SR. Extrauterine Pelvic Serous Carcinomas: Current Update on Pathology and Cross Sectional Imaging Findings Radiographics 2016 Jan;36:918-932. Whitcombe DD, Valente PT, Acosta OM, Kost ER,. Leiomyosarcoma of the Uterine Cervix Associated with Pregnancy: Case Report and Review of the Literature Gynecologic Oncology Reports 2016 Jan;17:45-48. Lynch BA, Krishnegowda N, Hertz A, Hall KL, Riddle ND, Valente PT. Clinical and pathologic features of Hispanic endometrial cancer patients with loss of Mismatch repair expression International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer 2016 Jan;26:1129-1136. Campbell, JE, Knudtson J, Valente P, Robinson R, Kost E. Successful pregnancy following myomectomy for uterine smooth muscle tumor of uncertain malignant potential: A case report and review of the literature Gynecol Oncol Reports 2015 Aug;15:1-3.