Departments & Divisions
Richard P Usatine, M.D.
- 1993 - Postdoctoral Fellowship - Medical Education - University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
- 1985 - Residency - UCLA Family Medicine
- 1982 - MD - Medicine - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- 1978 - BA - Chemistry (Summa Cum Laude) - Williams College
- 7/2009 - Faculty Development Program Director and Program Director, Underserved Dermatology Family Medicine Faculty Development Program - UTHSCSA
- 7/2008 - Professor of Medicine - Cross appointment and Division of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery - UTHSCSA, Medicine, San Antonio
- 4/2008 - Assistant Director for Humanities Education and Center for Medical Humanities and Ethics - UTHSCSA
- 8/2006 - Medical Director, Family Medicine Skin Clinic and Medical Director - UTHSCSA, Family & Community Medicine, San Antonio
- 1/2005 - Medical Director, Student-run faculty supervised free clinics and Medical Director - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 8/2003 - Professor - UTHSCSA, Family & Community Medicine, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 9/2014 - Present, Art Rounds, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1/2010 - Present, Global Health Elective, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 7/2009 - Present, Individual Instruction, UTHSCSA
- 8/2007 - Present, Homelessness, Addiction and How to Better Care for Patients, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 7/2006 - Present, INTD4015 Humanism in Medicine Fellowship
- 7/2006 - Present, On Becoming a Doctor, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 7/2005 - Present, Office Procedures, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 7/2005 - Present, Family Medicine Research, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 10/2003 - Present, Ambul Prim Care Clerkship, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 9/2003 - Present, Family Practice Clerkship, The University of Texas Health Science Center
Usatine RP. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 New York: McGraw-Hill; 2016. 752 p.
Usatine RP. First Aid For the USMLE Step 2 CK Clinical Knowledge, Ninth Edition New York: McGraw-Hill; 2016. 575 p.
Usatine RP, Ferenchick G. Smith M, Mayeaux EJ, Chumley H. The Color Atlas of Internal Medicine New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2015. 1310 p.
Usatine RP, Sabella C. Smith M, Mayeaux EJ, Chumley H, Appachi E. The Color Atlas of Pediatrics New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2014. 1378 p.
Usatine R, Stulberg S, Colver G. Cutaneous Cryosurgery. 4th Edition London: Taylor and Francis; 2014. 143 p.
Jacob SE, Goldenberg A, Pelletier JL, Fonacier LS, Usatine R, Silverberg N. Nickel Allergy and Our Children`s Health: A Review of Indexed Cases and a View of Future Prevention Pediatr Dermatol 2015 Nov;32(6):779-785.
LaPlante M, Usatine R, Usatine RP. Acute onset of polyarthralgia and skin plaques Am Fam Physician 2015 May;91(10):723-724.
Menon SK, Usatine RP. Asymptomatic, evolving lesion on the upper arm Am Fam Physician 2015 Mar;91(6):389-390.
Karnes JB, Usatine RP. Management of external genital warts Am Fam Physician 2014 Sep;90(5):312-318.
Klugman CM, Usatine RP. An evaluation of 2 online advance directive programs Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2013 Nov;30(7):657-663.
Marghoob AA, Usatine RP, Jaimes N. Dermoscopy for the family physician Am Fam Physician 2013 Oct;88(7):441-450.
Usatine RP. How to Avoid the Missed Diagnosis of Melanoma. Raising awareness among patients, primary care professionals, and specialists Patient Care 2015 Jul;3(7).
Wah Y, Usatine RP, Fernandez MP. A shiny red papule in an older person. Clear cell acanthoma Am Fam Physician 2013 Aug;88(4):261-262.
- American Board of Family Medicine