Departments & Divisions
Chandraprakash Umapathy, M.D., M.S.
Dr. Chandraprakash Umapathy completed his medical education at Kilpauk Medical College in Chennai, India, in January 2003. Following this, he underwent Internal Medicine residency training at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which he completed in 2009. He remained at that institution for 8 years as an academic hospitalist member of their faculty. In June 2020, he is expected to complete a Gastroenterology Fellowship at the University of California San Francisco branch program in Fresno, California.
- 2017 - MS - Clinical Research - University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2003 - MBBS - Medicine - Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, INDIA
- 2020 - Fellowship - Gastroenterology - University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Fresno, CA
- 2009 - Residency - Internal Medicine - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
2012 - Travel Award, PancreasFest 2012, Pittsburgh, PA
2015 - Travel Award, PancreasFest 2015, Pittsburgh, PA
2016 - Travel Award, National Pancreas Foundation Fellows Symposium, Chicago, IL
2016 - Travel Award, PancreasFest 2016, Pittsburgh, PA
2016 - Poster of Distinction, American Pancreatic Association Meeting, Boston, MA
Research & Grants
Completed Master of Science in Clinical Research from the University of Pittsburgh with an emphasis on analyzing large national databases.
Several years of experience in designing and implementing research projects studying clinical outcomes in pancreatitis and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Elevated risk of metachronous advanced neoplasia with sessile serrated adenoma in addition to high-risk adenoma compared to high-risk adenoma alone on index colonoscopy - a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Nationwide analysis of incidence and predictors of 30-day readmissions in decompensated cirrhosis