Departments & Divisions
Bradley Tragord, PT, DPT, DSc
Bradley S. Tragord was appointed as Associate Professor at the Department of Physical Therapy at the School of Health Professions, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UT Health San Antonio) in August 2021. Dr. Tragord serves as the Course Director for Management of the Patient with Musculoskeletal Dysfunction I (PHYT 8002) and II (PHYT 8114). Prior to coming to UT Health San Antonio, Dr Tragord completed over 22 years of clinical care, teaching, and research as an active duty Army physical therapist and healthcare executive.
Dr. Tragord's prior academic appointments include Director of Clinical Education and Associate professor at the Army-Baylor University DPT program from 2017-2021. His professional and research interests are in clinical education, direct care orthopedic physical therapy, bone stress injury management and manual therapy mechanisms. Dr. Tragord has published several peer reviewed papers and has presented his work at national and international conferences. He is an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy.
Dr. Tragord received his Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) from the US Army-Baylor University Doctoral Program in 2007 and Doctor of Science (DSc) and Fellowship in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy from Baylor University in 2012. Dr. Tragord earned fellowship status from the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy in 2013 and Orthopaedic certification in 2010 from from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
- 2012 - Doctor of Science (DSc) - Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy - Baylor University
- 2007 - Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) - Physical Therapy - Baylor University
- 1999 - Bachelor of Science (B.S.) - Biology - Missouri State University
- 2013 - Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists
- 2010 - Board Certified Clinical Specialist, Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
- 2007 - Licensed Physical Therapist