Departments & Divisions
Christian L. Stallworth, M.D.
Clinical Associate Professor
Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
A native of Houston, Texas, Dr. Stallworth received his undergraduate degree from Trinity University in San Antonio. He earned his medical degree and completed five years of residency training in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at UT Health San Antonio. During his training, Dr. Stallworth was the recipient of the Leslie Bernstein Resident Research Award from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). Dr. Stallworth was then honored to receive a Fellowship position in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Oregon Health and Sciences University (OHSU). While in Portland, he trained exclusively in all aspects of Facial Plastic Surgery under the guidance of world-renown surgeons, Drs. Tom Wang and Ted Cook.
Dr. Stallworth is interested in all aspects of facial plastic surgery including nasal surgery (rhinoplasty), facial rejuvenation (face, neck and forehead lifting), and eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty).
He also specializes in the treatment of scars, and facial reconstructive techniques aimed at aiding those patients that have suffered from cancer or trauma. This includes adults as well as children. He has particular interests in repair of congenital anomalies to include clefts of the lip and palate, microtia (ear malformations) and pediatric skin lesions. His academic interests include cartilage remodeling and the science of soft tissue wounding and healing.
Visit the Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Division page for additional information.
- 2004 - MD - Medicine - University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- 1996 - BS - Biology - Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
- 2010 - Post-Doctoral Fellowship Training - Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR
- 2009 - Residency Training - Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery - UT Health San Antonio
- 2005 - Internship Training - General Surgery - UT Health San Antonio
2020-Super Doctor's 2020 Texas Monthly Magazine
2019-Best San Antonio Doctors 2019, San Antonio Scene Magazine
2018-Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Man of the Year Candidate
2016-AAFPRS Mentorship Program: Nominated to inaugural group rising facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons to begin development for American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship direction and national leadership within the Academy.
2015-Texas Monthly Super Doctors Rising Stars
- 9/2017 - Clinical Associate Professor - UT Health San Antonio, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, San Antonio
- 9/2015 - Clinical Assistant Professor - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, San Antonio
- 2/2014 - Facial Plastic Surgeon / Otolaryngologist - Center for Special Surgery, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, San Antono
- 1/2012 - Facial Plastic Surgeon / Otolaryngologist - Baptist Health System, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 10/2013 - Present, Individual Instruction, Residents and Medical Students, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, UT Health San Antonio
- 7/2013 - Present, Otolaryngology HNS Soft Tissue Suture Workshops, The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- 2010-Present, Clinical and Surgical Instructor in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for Residents and Medical Students, UT Health San Antonio
- 2013-2018, Preceptor, Medical Behavior and Society, program for 1st and 2nd year medical students, UT Heath San Antonio and SAMMC
- 2017, Lecturer, Rhinoplasty, residents and medical students, UT Health San Antonio
Research & Grants
Honolulu Heart Study - Anticardiolipin antibody as a risk factor for myocardial infarction and stroke
SALUD! San Antonio Lupus Study - Neuropsychiatric Disease
Thermal Reformation of Nasal Septal Cartilage
Radiographic analysis of age-related changes in nasal septal anatomy, research analyzing radiographic studies to determine septal anatomy as it relates to age and available grafting material
Virtual Rhinoplasty, collaborative project on virtual rhinoplasty with Dr. Yusheng Feng, NSF/CREST Center for Simulation Visualization and Real-Time Prediction, UTSA
Clinical Competence Committee, 2016-present
Division Chief, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2015-present
Resident Program Selection, 2010-present
Medical Director, UT Health Physicians, Otolaryngology Clinic, 2011-2019
Faculty Representative, ENT Interest Group for Medical Students, 2010-present
University Hospital Executive Committee Member, 2016-present
Clinical Decision Technology Committee Member, 2010-present
Team Physician and Coordinator, Multidisciplinary Cleft-Lip Palate Team, UHS, 2011-present
ABFPRS Question Writer, 2016-present
Panel Member, Ears, Chin, Implants, 2015
Member, AAFPRS LEARN Committee, 2015-present
Journal Reviewer, JAMA, FPS, The Laryngoscope, Southern Medical Journal
Member AAFPRS CME Committee, Face to Face Cmte, Surgical Subspecialty Cmte-Cleft Lip/Cleft Palate Subcmte, 2011-present
Faculty representative for Doctor's Day presentation, 2017
Team Physician, Surgical Mission-FINN, Foundation to Guatamala, 2016
Team Physician, Surgical Mission-FACES Foundation to Lambayeque, Peru, 2013
Sivam, S.K., Taylor, C.B., Stallworth, C.L. Reconstruction of upper third auricular defects Operative Techniques in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery 2017 Jun;28(2):105-113.
Stallworth CL. Commentary on "advanced, neglected Basal cell carcinoma" South Med J 2014 Apr;107(4):246-247.
Chen PG, Stallworth CL. Septoplasty OTOSource: Comprehensive Otolaryngology Curriculum 2018 2018 Jan;.
Stallworth CL. Advocacy for the Aesthetic Patient-It's Good Medicine San Antonio Medicine 2019 Jul;72(7):12-14
Stallworth CL, Garza JR. Hispanic Aesthetic Ideals Aesthetic Surgery for Men 2019
- 2013 - American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- 2010 - American Board of Otolaryngology