Jay N. Shah, D.O., M.P.H., FAAP
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
Director, Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
CIRCLE Curriculum Preclinical Module Co-Director, Digestive Health and Nutrition
- 2015 - Fellowship - Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition - Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital, Vanderbilt University
- 2015 - MPH - Master of Public Health, Epidemiology - Vanderbilt University
- 2012 - Internship and Residency - Pediatrics - UT Health San Antonio
- 2009 - DO - Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - University of North Texas HSC - TX College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 2005 - BA - Biology - Austin College
"San Antonio’s Top Doctors 2022”, San Antonio Magazine
"San Antonio’s Top Doctors 2021”, San Antonio Magazine
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics - UT Health San Antonio
- Director, Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Assistant Medical Director of Pediatric Liver Transplant Program
- Faculty Advisor - Pediatric Residency Program
- Division Director of Medical Education for Residents and Medical Students
Instruction & Training
- CIRCLE Curriculum Preclinical Module Co-Director, Digestive Health and Nutrition
- CIRCLE Curriculum Clinical Skills Core Faculty Facilitator
Research & Grants
Core Evaluating Faculty member, Pediatric Residency program
Clinical Competency Committee
Trainee Evaluation and Promotion Committee
Faculty Mentor, Pediatric Interest Group
Service to the Profession
UTHSA liaison for TPS Pediatric Preceptorship Program
Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
Member, Crohn's and Colitis Foundation
Member, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
Crohn's and Colitis Foundation Mission Committee, San Antonio Chapter Medical Advisory Committee
Jha P, Rupp L, Bonilla L, Gelfond J, Shah J, Meyer A. Electromagnetic Versus Blind Guidance of a Postpyloric Feeding Tube in Critically Ill Children. Pediatrics. 2020;146(4).
Dinh A, Hepburn B, Shah J. Functional Gastrointestinal Disorder, Pediatric. 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2020. (Book chapter).
Ascher J, Shah J. Disorders of Bilirubin Metabolism. Benign Hematologic Disorders in Children: A Clinical Guide. 2020. (Book chapter).
Shah J, Okubote T, Alkhouri N. Overview of Updated Practice Guidelines for Pediatric Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2018;17(7):407-414.
Resident Manual, Pediatric Liver Transplant Services. University Transplant Center. 2018.
Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- American Board of Pediatrics/Gastrenterology