Andrew J Sampson, Ph.D.
Clinical Imaging Physics
I aim to develop and optimize advanced variance reduction strategies for Monte Carlo radiation transport simulation to decrease the amount of time required for advanced image analysis and processing. These calculations can be used for dose reduction techniques and advanced CT image reconstruction.
Related diseases: Cancer
Techniques: Monte Carlo Radiation Transport Simulation, Discrete Ordinance Methods
- 2013 - PhD - Medical Physics - Virginia Commonweath University
- 2007 - BS - Physics - Brigham Young University
- 9/2017 - Assistant Professor/Clinical - UT Health San Antonio, Radiology, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 1/2020 - 5/2020, Phys Meas-imaging Lab, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1/2020 - 6/2020, Clinical Medi Physics Lab, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 7/2018 - Present, Pre-Doctoral Student Supervision, UT Health San Antonio, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences