Departments & Divisions
Juan Ramirez-Castaneda, MD
- 2004 - MD - Medicine and Surgery - La Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Ecuador
- 2014 - Clinical Fellowship - Movement Disorders - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- 2012 - Residency - Neurology - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- 2009 - Internship - Internal Medicine - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- 2008 - Fellowship - Multiple Sclerosis - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- 2014-present - Assistant Professor - UT Health San Antonio, Department of Neurology, San Antonio, TX
Research & Grants
- Pablo Coss, Etsub Teshome, Amy Werry-McFarlin, Chen-Pin Wang, Juan Ramirez-Castaneda. Neurocognitive effects of bilateral subthalamic nucleus versus pallidal deep brain stimulation: a single center retrospective case series. 4th Pan American Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Congress. Miami, Florida: May, 2022.
- Jason Aldred, Theresa Zesiewicz, Michael Okun, Leo Verhagen, Juan RamirezCastaneda, Corneliu Luca, Ritesh Ramdhani, Yarema Bezchlibnyk, Jonathan Carlson, Kelly Foote, Sepher Sani, Alexander Papanastassiou, Jonathan Jagid, David Weintraub, Lilly Chen, Roshini Jain.. Visualization Tool for DBS Programming with a Multiple-Source, Constant Current System Reduces Initial Programming Time San Francisco, CA: 2021 Apr. (American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting). Barcelona, Spain: 2022 May. (International Neuromodulation Society, 15th World Congress)
- Humberto Leal Bailey, MD, Jonathan P Donnelly, MD, Srivatsan Pallavaram, PhD, Juan Ramirez-Castaneda, MD.. Methodology for Directional programming in GPiDBS for Parkinson’s disease and retrospective analysis on uptake: First clinical case series. Accepted for the 33rd Annual Symposium on Etiology, Pathogenesis, and Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease and Other Dallas, TX: 2020 May. (33rd Annual Symposium on Etiology, Pathogenesis, and Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease and Other Move).
- Humberto Leal Bailey, MD, Jonathan P Donnelly, MD, Srivatsan Pallavaram, PhD, Juan Ramirez-Castaneda, MD. Directional programming in GPi-DBS for Parkinson’s disease and retrospective assessment of UPDRS III 2020. (Movement Disorders Society International Congress).
- 2018 - Board Certification - American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology