Departments & Divisions
Deepak K Pruthi, M.D.
Dr. Deepak Pruthi MD, FRCSC is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology at the University of Texas Health San Antonio. Born in Texas he moved gradually moved north ultimately settling down in Canada where he spent his formative years. He graduated from the University of Winnipeg (BSc & BA). He went to medical school at the University of Manitoba where he obtained his MD and a medical research degree (BSc Med). He completed his Urology surgical residency at the University of Manitoba. He then moved back to San Antonio to complete his Society of Urologic Oncology-approved fellowship in Urologic Oncology and obtained a Master in Clinical and Translational Investigation. His primary research interests include renal insufficiency, anatomic and pathologic-based predictive modeling, studying oncologic outcomes, and examining the role of systemic therapy in early/locally advanced stages of urologic cancer.
- 2018 - Postdoctoral Fellowship - Urology - University of Texas Health San Antonio
- 2018 - Postdoctoral Training - Urology - University of Texas Health San Antonio
- 2016 - Internship - Urology - University of Manitoba
- 2016 - Residency - Urology - University of Manitoba
- 2011 - BM BS - Medicine - University of Manitoba
- 2006 - BS - Biology, Biochemistry - University of Winnipeg
- 2006 - BA - Psychology - University of Winnipeg