Allyson Pratka, AuD., CCC-A, MBA
Faculty Specialist, Audiologist
Dr. Pratka received her Bachelor of Science degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders at Stephen F. Austin State University in 2009. In 2013, she then obtained her Doctor of Audiology degree at the Texas Tech Health Sciences Center and completed her doctoral fellowship training at MD Anderson Cancer Center. In 2018, she earned a Master’s in Business Administration with a concentration in the Business of Healthcare at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
She is currently the Audiologist at the UT Health San Antonio Medical Arts and Research Center with responsibilities in patient care, audiology doctoral candidate clinical supervision, and ENT resident education. Prior to joining UT Health, she worked for the University Health System Hearing and Balance Center as a senior audiologist. Her areas of special interest include adult and geriatric hearing and tinnitus assessment and management.
Her research on ototoxicity was published in the Journal of Ear and Hearing in 2014 and she has guest lectured at the local and state level on matters regarding the effects of hearing loss, tinnitus, and hearing conservation. She is licensed in the state of Texas holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA).
Visit the UT Health San Antonio Audiology Clinic site for additional information
- 2018 - MBA - Business of Health - University of Texas San Antonio
- 2013 - DPL - Audiology - Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Lubbock, TX
- 2009 - BS - Communication Disorders - Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacodoches, TX
- 2017-present - Faculty Specialist, Audiologist - UT Health San Antonio
- 2013-2016 - Clinical Audiologist - University Health System, San Antonio, TX
- 2012-2013 - Intern, Audiology - University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Instruction & Training
- 2020, Instructor and Mentor, Doctor of Audiology Externship Program, UT Health San Antonio, University Health System
- 2018-present, Instructor, Monthly diagnostic workshop to ENT residents about Audiology, UT Health San Antonio, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Lecturer/Coordinator, Monthly Diagnostic Audiology workshop for ENT Residents
Initiated Doctor of Audiology Externship program, 2020
Member, UT Health Patient Experience Vendor Evaluation Team
Provider Champion, UT Health San Antonio Patient Experience Team
Member, UT Health San Antonio EMBA Admissions Cmte
Member, American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
Introduced an economy hearing aid line to expand hearing aid services.
Created trial hearing aid program to improve patient experience.
Womack, Allyson M., Andrea Hayes-Jordan, Pratihar Pratihar, Denise A. Barringer, James H. Hall Jr, Paul W. Gidley, and Jan S. Lewin. "Evaluation of Ototoxicity in Patients Treated with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) with Cisplatin." Ear and hearing 35, no. 6 (2014): e243.
- 2015 - Audiologist, Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation