Jean A Petershack, M.D.
Professor and Director of Medical Student Education
- 2009 - Postdoctoral Training - Excellence in Education Scholarship - Academic Pediatric Association
- 1997 - Clinical Fellowship - Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine - University of Michigan Health System
- 1996 - Clinical Fellowship - Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine - University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- 1994 - Residency - Pediatrics - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 1992 - Internship - Pediatrics - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 1991 - MD - Pediatrics - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 1985 - BS - Biology (Departmental Honors) - Oakland University Honors College
- 7/2016 - Director and Medical Student Education for the Department of Pediatrics - UTHSCSA, Pediatrics, San Antonio
- 9/2014 - Professor/Clinical - UTHSCSA
- 7/2011 - Pediatric Clerkship Director - UTHSCSA, Pediatrics, San Antonio
- 10/2009 - Neonatologist - Community Medicine Associates, Pediatrics, San Antonio
- 9/2005 - Director of Neonatal Education - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Pediatrics, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 9/2012 - Present, Individual Instruction, UTHSCSA
- 7/2011 - Present, Pediatrics Clerkship, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1/2009 - Present, Neonatal Thematic Journal Update, UTHSCSA
- 1/2003 - Present, Neonatal Research, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 6/2002 - Present, Neonatal ICU Externship, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1/2002 - Present, Individual Instruction, UTHSCSA
- 1/2002 - Present, Neonatal Fellow Morning Report, UHS
- 7/2000 - Present, Neonatal Fellow Lecture Series, UTHSCSA
- 7/2000 - Present, Neonatology Journal Club, UTHSCSA
- 3/2000 - Present, Monthly Lectures to Residents and Students in the NICU, UHS
- 1/2000 - Present, Post-Doctoral Student Supervision, UTHSCSA
- 6/1999 - Present, Neonatal Resuscitation Provider Course for Incoming Interns, UTHSCSA
- 6/1999 - Present, Neonatal Resuscitation Recertification Course for Residents, UTHSCSA
- 3/1999 - Present, Post Graduate Rotation Supervision, UTHSCSA-UHS
Research & Grants
Idrizi H, Payne, B, Arandes MM, Petershack JA. Pediatric Buddy Program: Promotion of Interprofessional Collaboration: Pediatric Academic Societies; 2018 May. (EPAS: 2018: 2881.681).
Petershack JA, MacGilvray PD, Kosub KY. Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) as a Method for Entrustable Professional Activity (EPA) Goal Setting and Documentation- A Pilot Study: Pediatric Academic Societies; 2018 May. (EPAS: 2018; 4162.576).
Petershack JA, Kosub KY, MacGilvray PD. Individual Learning Plans as a Method for EPA Goal Setting and Documentation; 2018 Apr. (COMSEP).
Beck Dallaghan, GL, Peltier, CB, Ryan, MS, Mills, WA, Tenney-Soeiro, R, Patterson, PB, Christy, C, Kantor, JL, Vercio, CJ, Paul, CR, Van Opstel, ER, Petershack JA, Macyko, CA, Alerte, A. The Decline in Community Preceptors: An Explorations of Pediatricians Who No Longer Teach Medical Students; 2018 Apr. (COMSEP).
Hanson ER, Petershack JA. Community-Based Learning and the Hidden Curriculum: Understanding the Impact of Juvenile Justice Site Visits Through Narrative Analysis; 2015 May. (Pediatric Academic Societies).
Petershack JA, Kim, Soo, Lowell, Gina, Sholiton, Sharon. Clinical Reasoning Tool Use Facilitates Feedback and Promotes Skill Development; 2015 Apr. (EPAS: 2015: 2941.732).
Hanson ER, Petershack JA. Reflecting on Reflection: A Comparison of Two Approaches to Reflective Writing Analysis in the Evaluation of a Community-Based Advocacy Experience: Association of Pediatric Program Directors; 2015 Mar. (Association of Pediatric Program Directors).
Quinn A, Petershack JA. Palliative Care in the NICU: Assessing Knowledge and Educational Needs of Providers; 2014 May. (E-PAS2014:4131.426).
Hanson ER, Petershack JA. Reflecting on reflection: A comparison of two approaches to reflective writing analysis in the evaluation of a resident advocacy experience in juvenile justice; 2014 May. (Pediatric Academic Societies).
Hanson ER; Petershack, JA. Reflecting on Reflection: A Comparison of Two Approaches to Analysis of Reflective Writing Pieces in the Evaluation of an Advocacy Experience in Juvenile Justice; 2014 Jan. (E-PAS2014:1533.532).
Petershack JA, Kim, SY, Lowell, GS, Sholiton, SE. Provision of Feedback on Medical Student Clinical Reasoning Skills with Innovative Tool E-PAS2014:3840.501; 2014 Jan. (E-PAS2014:3840.501).
Abramson, EL, Paul, CR, Petershack JA, Serwint, J, Fischel, JE, Rocha, M, Treitz, M, McPhillips,H, Lockspeiser, T, Hicks, P, Tewksbury, L, Vasquez MM, Tancredi, DJ, Li, ST. Conducting Quantitative Medical Education Research: From Design to Dissemination Academic Pediatrics 2018 Mar;18(2):129-139.
Beck Dallaghan, Gary L, Alerte, Anton M, Ryan, Michael S, Patterson, Patricia B, Petershack JA, Christy, Cynthia, Mills, William A, Paul, Caroline R, Peltier, Chris, Stamos, Julie K, Tenney-Soeiro, Rebecca, Vercio, Chad. Recruiting and Retaining Community-Based Preceptors Academic Medicine 2017 Aug;92(8):1168-1174.
Hanson ER, Finley EP, Petershack JA. What Do Pediatric Residents Gain From an Experience in Juvenile Justice? A Qualitative Analysis of Community-Based Learning Academic Pediatrics 2017 Apr;17(3):296-302.
Guajardo JR, Petershack JA, Caplow, Julie A, Littlefield JH. Effects of a patients` name and image on medical knowledge acquisition Canadian Medical Education Journal 2015 Dec;6(2):e14-e20.
- American Board of Pediatrics/Neonatal-Perinatal
- American Board of Pediatrics