Allan L Parker, D.O.
Dr. Parker joined the faculty of the UT Health San Antonio Gastroenterology Division to participate in the growth of its clinical and educational programs. He came to the medical school following a distinguished military career that included over twenty years in clinical academic practice training gastroenterologists to serve our nation's armed forces. He brings with him the skills of an expert gastrointestinal diagnostician with a wealth of expertise in the evaluation of abdominal pain, diarrhea, intestinal motility disturbances, and other gastrointestinal and liver diseases. Dr. Parker is an accomplished practitioner of both diagnostic and therapeutic upper endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Kashi, M.R., Belayev, L. & Parker, A. Primary extranodal Hodgkin lymphoma of the colon masquerading as new diagnosis of Crohn's disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 8(10):A20 (2010). PMID: 20601139
Kato, D., Okwara, C., Moreland, C. & Parker A. Hepatic Dysfunction as a Paraneoplastic Manifestation of Metastatic Prostate Adenocarcinoma. J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2(2):2324709614539927 (2014). PMID: 26425613; PMCID: PMC4528893
- 1975 - DO - Medicine - College of Osteopathic Medicine & Surgery
- 1970 - BS - Pre-Med Zoology - Utah State University
- Internship - Medicine - Mt. Clemons General Osteopathic Hospital
- Clinical Fellowship - Gastroenterology - William Beaumont Army Medical Center
- Residency - Internal Medicine - William Beaumont Army Medical Center
Order of Military Medical Excellence
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Eddy Palmer Endoscopy Award
Meritorious Service Metal
Eddy Palmer Endoscopy Award
Best Teaching Resident
- 5/2009 - Director of Gastroenterology Endoscopy - University Health System, Medicine, San Antonio
- 5/2006 - Staff Physican - University Health System, Medicine, San Antonio
- 5/2006 - Associate Professor / Clinical and Faculty Physician - UT Health Science Center, Medicine, San Antonio
- 5/2006 - Staff Physician - STVHCS, Audie L Murphy VA Hospital, Medicine, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 11/2007 - Present, Intro to Clin Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 4/2006 - Present, Weekly Didactic Conference, UT Health Science Center
1. Parker AL. Bacterial Overgrowth In: Parker A. GI/Liver Secrets. Mosby Publishers; 1996.
1. Barker KB, Arnold HL, Fillman EP, Palekar NA, Gering SA, Parker AL. Safety of band ligator use in the small bowel and the colon. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2005;62(2):224-227.
2. Murray RN, Parker AL, Kadalia SC, Ayala E, Martinez EM. Cytomegalovirus in upper gastrointestinal ulcers. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 1994 Oct;19(3):198-201.
3. Kadakia SC, Parker AL, Carrougher JG, Shaffer RT. Esophageal dilation with polyvinyl bougies, using a marked guidewire without the aid of fluoroscopy: An update. American Journal of Gastroenterology 1993 Sep;88(9):1381-1386.
- American Board of Internal Medicine/Gastroenterology
- American Board of Internal Medicine