Departments & Divisions
Kimatha Grice, OTD, OTR, CHT
Kimatha Grice is an occupational therapist with experience in numerous areas of practice, but has specialized in hand and upper extremity dysfunction, becoming a certified hand therapist (CHT) in 1991.
She has a bachelor of science degree in Community Health from Texas A&M University (1978), a master's degree in Occupational Therapy from Texas Womans University (1980), and a post-professional doctorate in Occupational Therapy from the University of St. Augustine (2013).
She teaches courses primarily related to delivery of services to adults, as well as applied biomechanics. Her special areas of interest include splinting, assessments and education issues such as critical-thinking skills.
She participates in the faculty practice of the School of Health Professions, providing services primarily in orthopaedic outpatient settings. She was honored with a Presidential Excellence in Teaching Award in 2001 by UT Health San Antonio. In 2008, she was inducted into the university's Academy of Master Teachers, and in 2010, named as a Distinguished Teaching Professor by the UT System. In 2017, she was honored with the Presidential Distinguished Service to the Institution Award.
- 2013 - OTD - Occupational Therapy (High honors) - University of St. Augustine
- 1980 - MOT - Occupational Therapy - Texas Woman's University, Denton TX
- 1978 - BS - Community Health - Texas A&M University, College Station TX
- 8/2003 - Associate Professor - The Univeristy of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Occupational Therapy
- 12/2001 - Assistant Professor/cross appointment and Other - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Physical Therapy, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 1/2020 - 5/2020, Occupational Therapy Process:Adult Biomechanical, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1/2020 - 5/2020, Doctoral Capstone Proposal Development 2, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 9/2014 - Present, Orthotics, The University of Texas Health Science Center
Research & Grants
Funding Agency UTHSCSA Title LINC Seed IPE grant fro Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders Interprofessional Education Status Active Period - Present Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail Award= $3,996.50 Funding Agency The Texas Society for Hand Therapy Title Research Grant for the Corbett Targeted Coin Test Status Active Period 3/2019 - 3/2019 Role Principal Investigator Grant Detail This is a one time $500 grant from the Society for Hand Therapy to support research efforts of its members.
Grice, KO, Barnes, KJ, Vogel, KA. Use of Multiple Mini Interviews for Occuational Therapy Program Admissions; 2013 Apr. (AOTA Abstracts). Grice, KO, Barnes, KJ, Vogel, KA. The Influence of Burn Injury on Activity Participatoin of Children: A Pilot Study AOTA@abstractslonline.com; 2013 Apr. (American Occupational Therapy Association Abstracts).
Grice KO. Concept Mapping as a Teaching/Learning Tool in Occupational Therapy Education Occupational Therapy in Healthcare 2016 Jan;. Grice KO. The Use of Occupation-based Assessments and Intervention in the Hand Therapy Setting - A Survey Journal of Hand Therapy 2015 Jul;28(3):300-306. Grice KO, Barnes KJ, Vogel KA. Influence of Burn Injury on Activity Participation of Children Journal of Burn Care and Research 2015 May;36(3):414-420. Barnes, K. J., Beck, A. J., Vogel, K. A., Oxford, K., & Murphy, D. L. Perceptions regarding school-based occupational therapy for children with emotional disturbances American Journal of Occupational Therapy 2003 May;57(3):337-341.
Grice KO. Current Practice with Ultrasound ? A Survey of the TSHT Membership News at Hand - Newsletter for TSHT 2017 Aug;.