Departments & Divisions
Philip G Ong, M.D.
Dr. Philip Ong is an Assistant Professor and Medical Director of Bronchoscopy at the University Health System and specializes in Interventional Pulmonology and Lung Transplantation. He completed His undergraduate
studies at West Visayas State University in the Philippines. He received his Doctor of Medicine in 2004 at St. Luke's College of Medicine in the Philippines. In 2008, he completed his internship and residency in internal
medicine at the Bridgeport Hospital/Yale New Haven Health in Bridgeport CT, followed by Pulmonary, Critical Care Medicine and Lung Transplantation fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston TX in 2014. He also completed an Interventional Pulmonology fellowship at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. He is a fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST), and an active member of the American Thoracic Society (ATS), American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (AABIP), American Society of Transplantation (AST) and the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT).
- 2017 - Clinical Fellowship - Interventional Pulmonology - University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 2014 - Clinical Fellowship - Transplant Pulmonology Track - Baylor College of Medicine
- 2004 - MD - (Academic Scholarship) - St Luke`s College of Medicine
- 2002 - Internship - Mahidol University
- 1999 - BS - Biological Science (Magna Cum Laude) - West Visayas State University
- 7/2017 - Assistant Professor/Non-Tenure Track - UT Health San Antonio, Medicine, San Antonio
Ong P. Successful use of catheter directed thrombolysis with Human recombinant - tissue plasminogen activator (hr-tpa) as salvage for acute massive pulmonary embolism (PE) in a patient 10 days after right single lung transplantation: a case report; 2014 Jan.
Ong P. Managing post pneumonectomy tension hydrothorax, annals of the american thoracic society 2016 Jan;. Ong P. Advances in Diagnotstic Bronchoscopy Journal of Thoracic Disease 2016 Jan;. Ong P. Bronchoscopic cryosurgical techniques, annals of the american thoracic society 2016 Jan;. Ong P. Endobornchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration for systematic nodal staging of lung cancer in patients with NO disease by CT and Integrated PET/CT Ann Am thorac Soc 2015 Jan;.
Ong P. Quantifying Central Airway Obstruction During Therapeutic Bronchoscopy 2016 Jan;.
- American Board of Internal Medicine/Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine/Critical Care Medicine