Mfonobong Okubadejo, MD
Dr. Okubadejo is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology in the Department of Anesthesiology at UT Health San Antonio.
She received her medical doctorate from the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in Illinois. She completed a master’s degree in Biomedical Science at Barry University in Miami, Florida. Her residency in Anesthesiology was completed at the University of California Irvine in Orange County, California followed by a fellowship in Pain Medicine at the University of California Davis in Sacramento, California.
She has special interests in Global Health, particularly program development for healthcare and education in underserved communities.
- 2016 - Doctor of Medicine - Medicine - Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science
- 2009 - Master of Science - Biomedical Science - Barry University
- 2006 - Bachelor of Science - Biological Sciences - Florida International University
Instruction & Training
- 2020, Anesthesiology Residency, University of California Irvine
- 2021, Pain Medicine Fellowship, University of California Davis
Surgical, Medical, Dental, Optometry (SMDO) Missions – creation and coordination of free services for the underprivileged in collaboration with volunteer healthcare providers at various site internationally
- Accuracy and precision of non-invasive cardiac output monitoring devices in perioperative medicine: A systematic review and meta
- A Novel Mobile Phone Application for Pulse Pressure Variation Monitoring Based on Feature Extraction Technology: A Method Compar
- Impact of advanced monitoring variables on intraoperative clinical decision-making: an international survey
Mariassy, Andrew T. “Morphometric Assessment of the Lectin Reactive Carbohydrates in Lung Peripheral Airways in P. hemolytica pneumonia: A comparison of stereological and computerized image analysis methods.” Florida Scientist Vol. 72 (2009).
Abstracts and Oral Poster Presentations
Jung, Michael, Essiet, Mfonobong, Pritzlaff, Scott. “Advantages of a Topical Adhesive and Mesh Based System for Securing Spinal Cord Stimulator Leads: A Feasibility Study and Review of the Literature.” 24th Annual North American Neuromodulation Society Meeting, Orlando, 2021
Essiet, Mfonobong, Calderon, Michael-David, Ma, Michael, Shah, Shalini, Rinehart, Joseph, Sun, Coral. “Patient Perception of Cannabinoid Therapy.” 44th Annual Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine Meeting, Las Vegas, 2019
Garcia, Daniel, Essiet, Mfonobong, Alem, Navid, Shah, Shalini. “Implementing a Perioperative Pain Clinic: A Baseline Surgeon Needs Assessment Survey Results.” CSA 2019 Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2019
Hollins, Tara-Lin, Essiet, Mfonobong, Nelson, Ariana. “Metformin-Induced Vitamin B12 Neuropathy.” 17th Annual ASRA Pain Medicine Meeting, San Antonio, 2018
Essiet, Mfonobong, Burns, Tracy, Dhoon, Taizoon. "Palatopharyngeal Injury during Glidescope Use for Orotracheal Intubation." American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting, San Francisco, 2018.
Kulraj Sidhu, Mfonobong Essiet, Maxime Cannesson, “Cardiac and vascular physiology in anaesthetic practice” Ch. 1: Hardman, Jonathan G., Philip M. Hopkins, and Michel MRF Struys, eds. Oxford Textbook of Anaesthesia. Oxford University Press, 2017.