Departments & Divisions
Katherine F. O`Donnell
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Specialist
Katherine O’Donnell received her bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of San Francisco in 1978. She completed her family nurse practitioner training and master’s degree in nursing at Fresno State University, California in 1992, and her doctorate of nursing practice at Loma Linda University in 2013. She completed a post master’s certification as a women’s health practitioner, at the University of Texas, Southwestern, in Dallas in 2000. She worked for the University Health system for 10 years in primary care before she joined the UTHSCSA faculty in 2005. She was an instructor in the graduate nursing program at UT Health San Antonio School of Nursing.
- 2013 - DNP - Loma Linda University
- 2013 - Post Doctoral Train - Loma Linda University School of Nursing
- 2001 - Postdoctoral Training - Women's Health Nurse Practitioner - University of Texas Southwestern
- 1992 - MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner - California State University
- 1978 - BSN - Nursing - University of San Francisco
- 1/2014 - Faculty Associate - UTHSCSASan Antonio
- 3/2005 - Family Nurse Practitioner - UTHSCSA, Surgery, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 1/2016 - Present, The Use of Multimodal Analgesia in Treating Acute Pain: Tools to Implementation, Mallinckrodt speaker's bureau,
Hollier A, Hensley R,. Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care; A Reference and Review book, 2nd edition (Contributing Author) 2015.
O`Donnell KF. Preoperative Pain Management Education: An Evidence-Based Practice Project Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing 2018 Dec;33(6):956-963. O`Donnell KF. Returning to Practice from Inactive Status: The Journey Back for the Advanced Practice Nurse Clinical Advisor 2016 Nov;. O`Donnell KF. Preoperative Pain Management Education: A quality Improvement Study: Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing 2015 Jun;.
O`Donnell KF. Returning to practice from Inactive Status: The Journey back for the Advanced practice nurse 2016 Nov;.