Guillermo I Nunez, M.S., MLS(ASCP)CM
- 2020 - MS - Medical Laboratory Sciences - UT Health San Antonio
- 2018 - BS - Microbiology - University of Texas at El Paso
- Presidential Award for Team Excellence (2021) - COVID-19 Rapid Response Testing Team
- 2022 - Assistant Professor - UT Health San Antonio
- 06/2020-04/2022: COVID-19 Rapid Response Testing Team
James Mele, Weijing He, David Montes, Nunez, Guillermo Ivan, Kumari Vadlamudi, Hongxin Fan, Marjorie P David Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Department of Pathology, UTHSA. Detection of SARS-CoV-2 spike protein gene variants by Sanger sequencing on de-identified SARS-CoV-2 positive patient specimens from UT Health San Antonio. Robert A. Clark Frontiers of Translational Science Research Day 2021.
Weijing He1, David Montes1, Yidong Chen2,3, Zhenqing Ye2,3, Zhao Lai2,4, Dawn Garcia2, Nunez, Guillermo Ivan1, James Mele1, Kumari Vadlamudi1, Hongxin Fan1, Marjorie P David1 1Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Department of Pathology, UTHSA 2Greehey Childr. Detection of SARS-CoV-2 variants by whole viral genome sequencing on de-identified SARS-CoV-2 positive patient specimens from UT Health San Antonio. Robert A. Clark Frontiers of Translational Science Research Day 2021
- 2020 - Certified Medical Laboratory Scientist by the American Society for Clinical Pathology
- Expertise in a variety of molecular diagnostics techniques. Some of these include transcription mediated amplification, capillary gel electrophoresis, molecular typing, RT-PCR, and qPCR for the diagnosis of hematological malignancies such as B & T cell mutations, BCR-ABL translocation, neoplasms, infectious diseases, among others.