Denise Norton, MD
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Department of Orthopaedics
Dr. Norton graduated from the University of Miami in Miami, Florida, then attended St. George's University in Grenada. She did her residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at University of Rochester in Rochester, New York. She completed her fellowship in Interventional Spine and Sports at OSS Health in York, Pennsylvania. She is double boarded in PM&R and electrodiagnostic medicine.
She started in private practice performing interventional fluoroscopic procedures, electrodiagnostics and ultrasound guided injections, but came to the university to be a part of resident's educational growth and work in a collaborative and multi-specialty environment. Her goal is for patients to avoid or delay surgery when possible by providing everything from conservative therapy, to diagnostic testing and interventional procedures. Being located in the orthopedic department allows for a seamless transition for patients; conservative care before and after surgery and ultimately providing patients with the best care possible.
- 2011 - M.D. - Medicine - St. George's University of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
- 2008 - Diploma of Higher Education with Distinction - Medical Sciences (International Health Focus) - Northumbria University, Newcastle, United Kingdom
- 2007 - BA - Forensic Sciences - University of Miami, Miami, Florida
- 2016 - Fellowship - Interventional Spine & Sports Medicine - OSS Health of York, PA, York, Pennsylvania
- 2015 - Residency - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York
- 2018 - Assistant Professor/Clinical - UT Health San Antonio, Department of Orthopaedics, San Antonio, Texas
- 2019 - American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- 2016 - American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation