Departments & Divisions
Kay L. Ness, DDS, MS
Dr. Kay L. Ness is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Periodontics and Dental Hygiene at the UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry and provides periodontal services in her faculty practice. She received her DDS and MS degrees from UTHSCSA, completed an USAF General Practice Residency along with the USAF Residency in Periodontics from Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas.
Dr. Ness joined the UTHSCSA School of Dentistry faculty after retiring from a career in the United States US Air Force. Her teaching experience has included positions as Director of Periodontal Training in Air Force AEGD-1 and AEGD-2 residency programs. Thereafter she continued to staff AEGD-1 programs at the US Air Force Academy, Colorado, as well as at the Audie L. Murphy VA Hospital in San Antonio. In addition to maintaining her faculty practice in Periodontics at UT Health San Antonio, Dr. Ness continues to teach in the School of Dentistry Predoctoral Division and is a Consulting Periodontist for the Dental Hygiene Programs.
- 1995 - Residency - Periodontics - Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base
- 1995 - MS - Periodontics - Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, UTHSCSA
- 1984 - Residency - General Practice - Davis-Monthan USAF Hospital, Davis-Monthan AFB
- 1983 - DDS - Dentistry (Omicron Kappa Upsilon) - Dental School, UTHSCSA
- 1979 - BA - Humanities (Phi Beta Kappa) - University of Texas, Austin
- 8/2015 - Clinical Assistant Professor - UTHSCSA, Periodontics, San Antonio