Alvaro G Moreira, M.D.
- 2017 - MS - Science (Master`s of Science in Clinical Investigation and Translational Science) - University of Texas Health Science Center
- 2012 - Postdoctoral Training - Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine - University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
- 2009 - Residency - Pediatrics - University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
- 2006 - MD - Medical Degree - University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
- 2002 - BS - Science (Cum Laude) - University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP)
- 10/2012 - Neonatologist - Community Medicine Associates, Pediatrics, San Antonio
- 10/2012 - Assistant Professor - University of Texas Health Science Center, Pediatrics, San Antonio
Research & Grants
Funding Agency Title Texas Regional CTSA Consortium Clinical Trials Pilot Program Status Active Period 3/2016 - 6/2017 Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail Multi-site Pilot Grant Award for the project: "Cycled Phototherapy: A Safer Effective Treatment of Small Premature Infants?"
Funding Agency UT Health San Antonio School of Medicine Title Clinical Investigator Kickstart Pilot Program Status Active Period 6/2017 - 6/2018 Role Principal Investigator Grant Detail This pilot grant provides funding to collect preliminary data to enrich opportunities to pursue extramural funding. Funding Agency Institute for Integration of Medicine and Science Title IIMS Mentored Research Careeer Development Award (KL2) Scholar in Clinical and Translational Science Status Active Period 5/2016 - 4/2018 Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail This two-year grant provides 75% PI salary support, $25,000 dedicated to the research plan, and fosters activities that promote career development (e.g. grantsmanship, research ethics, manuscript writing, research conferences, and mentoring workshops).
Sorrell M, Moreira A, Green K, Jacobs R, Tragus R, Keller L, Quinn A, McCurnin D, Gong A, El Sakka A, Mittal N, Blanco C. Favorable Outcomes of Preterm Infants with PNALD treated with IV Fish Oil-Based Lipid Emulsion J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2016 Aug;.
Hair AB, Blanco CL, Moreira AG, Hawthorne KM, Lee ML, Rechtman DJ, Abrams SA. Randomized Trial of Human Milk Cream as a Supplement to Standard Fortification of an Exclusive Human Milk-Based Diet in Infants 750-1250g Birth Weight J Pediatrics 2014 Nov;165(5):915-920.
Moreira AG, Swischuk L, Malloy M, Mudd D, Blanco C, Geary C. Parathyroid hormone as a marker for metabolic bone disease of prematurity J Perinatol 2014 Oct;34(10):787-791.
Moreira AG, Koele L., Leland M, Seidner SR, Blanco CL. Neonatal Intubation with Direct Laryngoscopy versus Videolaryngoscopy: An Extremely Premature Baboon Model Paediatric Anesthesia 2014 Aug;24(8):840-844.
Moreira AG, Barbin C, Martinez H, Aly A, Fonseca R. Maternal use of cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) may induce ductal closure and persistent pulmonary hypertension in neonates Journal of Maternal Fetal and Neonatal Medicine 2014 Jul;27(11):1177-1179.
Blanco CL, Moreira AG, McGill-Vargas LL, Anzueto DG, Nathanielsz P, Musi N. Antenatal corticosteroids alter insulin signaling pathways in fetal baboon skeletal muscle J Endocrinol 2014 Apr;221(2):253-260.
- American Board of Pediatrics/Neonatal-Perinatal
- American Board of Pediatrics