Departments & Divisions
Anjlee M Mehta, M.D., FACC
Dr. Anjlee Mehta is an Associate Professor in the Division of Cardiology at
UTHSCSA. She is board-certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular
disease, nuclear cardiology, and echocardiography. She is a fellow of the
American College of Cardiology and has special interests in patient-centered
shared decision-making, 3D transesophageal echo imaging of valvular heart disease,
and cardiology fellowship teaching and curriculum development.
Dr. Mehta received her undergraduate degree at Stanford
University followed by a post-baccalaureate intramural research training award
fellowship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). She received her
doctoral degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, trained in
internal medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and completed her
cardiology fellowship at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center/Geisel School of Medicine.
- 2014 - Clinical Fellowship - Cardiovascular Disease - Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Hospital Center (DHMC)
- 2011 - Residency - Internal Medicine - University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2009 - Internship - Internal Medicine - University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2008 - MD - Medicine - University of Mississippi
- 2003 - BS - Bachelor of Science - Stanford University
- 1/2019 - Director and Transplant Cardiology - UT/UHS, Medicine, San Antonio
- 11/2014 - Assistant Professor/Clinical - UTHSCSA, Cardiology, San Antonio
- 11/2014 - Attending Physician - South Texas Audie L. Murphy VA Hospital, Medicine, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 1/2015 - Present, Individual Instruction, UT Health San Antonio
- 1/2015 - Present, Cardiology Fellows Non-invasive conference faculty mentor/moderator, UT Health San Antonio
- 1/2015 - Present, Cardiology Fellows Core Curriculum Lecturer, UT Health San Antonio
- 1/2015 - Present, Principles of Transthoracic Echo/Basic Echo Views, UT Health San Antonio
- 11/2014 - Present, CCU clerkship for MS3, MS4, Internal Medicine Residents, UT Health San Antonio
- 11/2014 - Present, Inpatient Cardiology Consult Rotation
- 11/2014 - Present, Robert B. Green Cardiology Clinic
- 11/2014 - Present, Coronary Care Unit-Subinternship - Va Hosp, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 11/2014 - Present, Coronary Intensive Care Unit-Sub-internship - Univ. Hosp., The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 11/2014 - Present, Post Graduate Rotation Supervision, UT Health San Antonio
- 11/2014 - Present, Cardiac Imaging Core Teaching (Non Invasive Faculty), UT Health San Antonio
- 1/2014 - Present, Post Graduate Rotation Supervision, UTHSCSA
Mehta AM, Nanda NC. M-Mode and Two-Dimensional Echocardiographic Assessment of Left Ventricular Systolic Function. In: Mehta AM, Nanda NC. Comprehensive Textbook of Echocardiography, 1st edition. New Delhi, India: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd; 2013.
Chebrolu Lh, Mehta AM, Nanda NC. Noncompaction cardiomyopathy: The role of advanced multimodality imaging techniques in diagnosis and assessment Echocardiography 2017 Jan;34(2):279-289.
Mehta A. Entering the ?Real? World: Life after Training American College of Cardiology 2015 Feb;.
- American Board of Internal Medicine/Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine