Departments & Divisions
Glen A Medellin, M.D.
Professor and Interim Division Chief
Greehey Distinguished Chair in Palliative Care for Children
- 1994 - MD - Medicine (Highest Honors) - University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- 1990 - BA - Biochemistry / Biology (Cum Laude) - Rice University
- 1997 - Residency - Pediatrics - University of Colorado, School of Medicine
- 9/2014 - Professor - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2/2014 - Director of Pediatric Palliative Care - University Health System
- 9/2010 - Distinguished Teaching Professor - The University of Texas System
- 1/2010 - Greehey Distinguished Chair in Palliative Care for Children - The University of Texas Health Scince Center at San Antonio, Pediatrics
Instruction & Training
- 7/2012 - Present, Lecture Series: Palliative Care Fellows, UTHSCSA
- 7/2012 - Present, Rotation Student Supervision, UTHSCSA
- 3/2012 - Present, Med-U, Hanover NH
- 7/2008 - Present, Geriatric Pallative Core, The University of Texas Health Science Center
Research & Grants
Medellin GA, Hellsten M. Symptom Management in Pediatric Palliative Care. In: Ferrell BR, Coyle N. Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing. 2010. p. 983-996.
Medellin GA (Case Editor). 6-year-old with chronic cough Available from: clippcases.org Online interactive simulated patient case to teach asthma and respiratory competencies to clerkship-level medical students. First edit 2010 with yearly revisions. Medellin GA. Clinical Case. Balancing Practice Economics with Patient Need 2011 Aug. Available from: http://virtualmentor.ama-assn.org/2011/08/ccas1-1108.html .
Chappell P.M., Healy JM, Lee S., Medellin GA, Sanchez-Reilly SE. Communicating With Dying Patients and Their Families: Multi-Media Training in End-of-Life Care American Journal of Hospice and Pallaitive Medicine 2016 Jul;in.
- 2010 - Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- 1997 - General Pediatrics