Departments & Divisions
Gabriel Magraner, M.D.
Dr. Gabriel Magraner joined the UTHSC-SA faculty immediately after completing his gastroenterology fellowship in 1993, focusing on patient care and physician training pro-bono all while growing his busy private practice. In time, he earned the title of associate clinical professor. Presently, he serves as staff gastroenterologist at the ALM VA Hospital and is also the onsite director for the gastroenterology fellowship program. He is a fellow of the ACG, AGA, and ASGE and a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha, Phi Kappa Phi, and Phi Beta Kappa honor societies.
- 1993 - Fellowship - Gastroenterology - UT Health San Antonio, TX
- 1988 - Internship - Internal Medicine - VA Hospital - Puerto Rico, San Juan
- 1987 - M.D. - University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences, San Juan
- 1994-2018 - Clinical Professor - UT Health San Antonio
- 1996-2003 - Chairman of Medicine - Northeast Methodist Hospital
Instruction & Training
- 2003, Endoscopic Curiosities, Society of GI Nurses &Assoc.
- 2002, Colon Cancer Screening, Society of GI Nurses & Assoc.
Research & Grants
1VIT13035 - A multi-centered, randomized, open-labeled, controlled study to investigate the treatment response of Intravenous Injectafer (Ferric Carboxymaltose) vs. Oral Iron to Baseline Hepcidin levels in patients with Iron Deficiency Anemia secondary to Inflammatory Bowel Disease or Gastric Bypass
P11-282 - A long-term non-interventional registry to assess safety & effectiveness of HUMIRA (Adalimunab) in patients with moderately to severely active Ulcerative Colitis.
RPC-01-3101 - A phase 3, multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of Oral RPC1063 as induction & maintenance therapy for moderate to severe Ulcerative Colitis.
Medical Missionary, Thirteen trips to the Dominican Republic 2016, Four trips to Lourdes, France 2018
Board of Directors-Secretary: San Antonio Sports Foundation 1995-2005