Brittany Lents, MSN,RN, CPNP-PC
Clinical Assistant Professor
An accomplished Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and clinical assistant professor with a passion to change the future by educating nursing students and providing health care services to underserved populations. In the brief time since starting her career in pediatrics, she addressed the behavioral health needs her clinic by fostering a second collaborating agreement with a Psychiatrist. This was done in response to the increasing demand and growing need for behavioral health services as specialty services became more difficult to access. In addition to her clinical practice, Mrs. Lents has precepted multiple nurse practitioner and undergraduate nursing students and teaches a pediatric undergraduate clinical each semester. Mrs. Lents has help to grow services in the on-campus Wellness 360 Pediatric clinic as well as the clinic’s mobile unit. She has led several mobile unit events providing primary care services to underserved community populations in Bexar and surrounding counties while creating a unique and enriching clinical experience for nursing students. She spearheaded the clinic obtaining the Foster Care Center of Excellence designation in 2019. Using a trauma informed approach to care, she has a goal to instill resiliency with each patient encounter and assist foster parents in their role.
- 2018 - Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Primary Care - UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio
- 2015 - Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing - Texas Tech Health Science Center
- 2014 - Associate Degree in Nursing - Registered Nurse - San Antonio College
Licensure and Certifications
- PNCB Certified Pediatric Nurse
- Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers
Honors and Awards
- 2019 Foster Care Center of Excellence was awarded to the Wellness 360 Pediatric clinic by Superior Health Plans.
- 2019 Nominated for the TNP Rising Star Award
- 2018 Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- 2019 - Clinical Assistant Professor - UT Health San Antonio, School of Nursing
- 2018 - Registered Nurse Senior - UT Health San Antonio, School of Nursing
- 2015 - Registered Nurse - University Hospital
Instruction & Training
- 2020 - 2022, NURS4533 Disease Management III: Clinical Application, UT Health San Antonio, School of Nursing
- 2019 - 2022, NURS4211 Child and Family Health: Clinical Application, UT Health San Antonio, School of Nursing
- 2022, Guest Lecture for NURS 6110-001 Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Reasoning: Clinical Application - Newborn Exam, UT Health San Antonio, School of Nursing
- 2021 , Guest Lecture for NURS 6110-001 Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Reasoning: Clinical Application - Newborn Exam, UT Health San Antonio, School of Nursing
- 2021, Guest Lecture for Traditional BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) Students in NURS4211 Child and Family Health: Theory, UT Health San Antonio, School of Nursing
- 2019 - 2021 Undergraduate Student Supervision (ACORN and traditional students) UT Health San Antonio School of Nursing, >20 students. Supervision of undergraduate students rotating through the Wellness 360 pediatric clinic.
- 02020 - 2021 Nurse Practitioner Student Preceptor, UT Health San Antonio School of Nursing, 8 graduate students. I serve as a preceptor for Graduate nursing students (PNP and FNP students) rotating through the Wellness 360 Pediatric Clinic.
Service to the Profession
- 2021 Provider Enrolled our clinic to become CPAN (Child Psychiatry Access Network) members and set up collaborative meetings discussing how we could use this resource and how it can allow our providers to better care for our behavioral health complex patients at a time of scarce mental health specialty services.
- 2018 – 2021, Member Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- 2017 – 2021, Member NAPNAP (National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners)
- 2016 – 2021, Member Texas Nurse Practitioner (TNP)
- 2022, Guest Attended TouchStone, a SJRC partner shelter, ribbon cutting ceremony as a community partner guest
- 2019- 2022, Community Provider Providing multiple mobile outreach services such as Well Child Exams, Vaccines, Education, Screenings and Sports Physicals to underserved communities as a UT Health SA provider and/or as a volunteer
- 2020, Elevating Collaboration in Pediatric Primary Healthcare - Foster Care Centers of Excellence at the 16th Annual International TCOM Conference in collaboration with Karen Schwab. TCOM held by the Praed Foundation.
- 2020, Precepting on the Move: Facilitating Graduate and Undergraduate Nursing Student, Poster Submission and acceptance to TNP 2020 conference. Poster in collaboration with Susan McDonald and Kathryn Parke.
- 2020, Primary Care: Caring for Children in Foster Care., Poster Submission and acceptance to TNP 2020 conference. Poster discusses caring for children in foster care within a primary care clinic. Poster in collaboration with Karen Schwab.
- 2022, Podium Presentation, Removing Barriers: Bringing Excellence to the Children and Families Receiving Foster Care Services. Presented at the 7th Annual Cultural Inclusion Institute Conference along with Karen Schwab
Peer Reviewed Poster Presentations