Departments & Divisions
Jihoon Lee, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor - Research
- 2012 - Ph.D. - Biology - Yonsei University
- 2009 - M.S. - Biology - Yonsei University
- 2007 - B.S. - Biology - Yonsei University
- 2017 - Postdoc Fellow - - Systems biology - Yonsei University, Republic of Korea
- 2017 - Postdoc Fellow - Cancer epigenetics - University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA
- 2017 - Postdoc Fellow - Cancer epigenetics and RNA biology - University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
- 10/2021 - Assistant Professor/Research - UT Health San Antonio
Research & Grants
My long-term research goal is to provide mechanistic insight into how m6A-modified RNA patterns are established in cancer and how this epitranscriptomic m6A landscape on chromatin drives distinct oncogenic gene expression programs, a key step towards understanding the roles of epigenetic and epitranscriptomic alterations in cancer development.