Kate I Lathrop, MD
Program Director, Medical Oncology and Hematology Fellowship Program
Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Research, Long School of Medicine
- 2014 - Clinical Fellowship - Medical Oncology and Hematology - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2011 - Residency - Chief Resident - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- 2010 - Residency - Internal Medicine - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2008 - Postdoctoral Training - Internal Medicine - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2007 - MD - Medicine - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2002 - BA - Biology - Colorado College
- 7/2017 - Program Director Hematology Oncology Fellowship Program - UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson Cancer Center, Medicine, San Antonio
- 8/2015 - Medical Director Hematology Oncology - University Health SystemSan Antonio
- 8/2014 - Assistant Professor - UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson Cancer Center, Medicine, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 9/2013 - Present, "True Stories" in Hematological and Oncoloical Emergencies:Internal Medicine Boot Camp, University of Texas Health Sciene Center at San Antonio
Research & Grants
Breast Cancer, Clinical Trials
Cancer Development and Progression Program
Lathrop KI. A phase 2 study of poziotinib in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC) who have received prior HER2 regimens for MBC; 2016 Dec. Lathrop KI. Adequacy of breast screening in women previously treated with chest wall radiation for lymphoma; 2016 Nov. Lathrop KI. 2017 Cancer Survivorship Symposium; 2016 Nov. Lathrop KI. Ribociclib (LEE011) and Letrozole in ER+, HER2- Advanced Breast Cancer: Phase lb Safety, Preliminary Efficacy, and Molecular Analysis"; 2016 Sep. Lathrop KI;Juric D, Ismail-Khan R, Campone M, Garcia-Estevez L, Becerra C, De Boer R, Hamilton E, Mayer IA, Hui R, Lathrop KI, Pagani O, Asano S, Bhansali SG, Zhang V, Hewes B, Munster P. [P3-14-01] Phase Ib/II study of ribociclib and alpelisib and letrozole in ER , HER2? breast cancer: Safety, preliminary efficacy and molecular analysis: Kate Lathrop; 2015 Dec.
Lathrop KI. Highlights from 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium Highlights from 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2015 Dec;:1-20.
Parsons HM, Lathrop KI, Schmidt S, Mazo-Canola M, Trevino-Jones J, Speck H, Karnad AB. Breast cancer treatment delays in a majority minority community: is there a difference? J Oncol Pract 2015 Mar;11(2):144-153.
Lathrop KI. New Note from Copeland Edward, Chapter 79: Unknown Primary Presenting with Axillary Lymphadenopathy, Bland et al The Breast, 5th edition 2016 Jun;.
- American Board of Internal Medicine/Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine