Tarunjeet S Klair, M.D.
Assistant Professor/Clinical of Surgery
Surgical Director, Live Donor Liver Transplantation
Dr. Klair completed his medical degree from Manipal University in India and his general surgery training at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center in New York. He received fellowship training in abdominal organ transplantation and hepatobiliary surgery at the Columbia University Medical Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital. At Columbia, Dr. Klair was trained by some of the pioneers in transplantation – Drs. Jean Emond and Lloyd Ratner. Dr. Klair performs liver and kidney transplant surgery for adults and children. His special interests are in living donor liver transplantation and treatment of liver cancer.
- 2016 - Clinical Fellowship - Abdominal Organ Transplant - NYP/ Columbia University
- 2014 - Residency - General Surgery - Montefiore Medical Center
- 2013 - Residency - General Surgery - Montefiore Medical Center
- 2010 - Internship - Categorical Surgery - Montefiore Medical Center
- 2009 - Internship - Preliminary Surgery - Montefiore Medical Center
- 2005 - BM BS - Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery - Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University
Research & Grants
Klair TS, JV Guarrera. Machine Perfusion and Innovations in Liver Transplant Preservation; 2016 Jan. (Current Surgery Reports; vol. 4, no. 2). T Klair, JV Guarrera. Breaking the Ice: Early Clinical Results Using Hypothermic Machine Liver Preservation; 2015 Mar. (Current Transplantation Reports; vol. 2, no. 1).
B Samstein , T Klair. Living Donor Liver Transplantation: Donor Selection and Living Donor Hepatectomy Surgery Reports 2015 Sep;3(9). M Vivanco, P Friedmann, Y Xia, T Klair, K Marfo, G de Boccardo, S Greenstein, J Chapochnick-Friedmann, M Kinkhabwala, M Ajaimy, ML. Lubetzky, E Akalin, LK Kayler. Campath induction in HCV and HCV/HIV-seropositive kidney transplant recipients Transplant International 2013 Oct;26(10):1016-1026.
- 2015 - American Board of Surgery