Kenneth O Kenneth-Nwosa, MD
Department of Orthopaedics
Dr. Ken O. Kenneth-Nwosa is an Assistant Professor at UT Health San Antonio and practices sports medicine. His focus is treating knees, shoulders, hips, and ankles at the Medical Arts & Research Center (MARC) in the Medical Center and Hill Country locations. He treats concussions and specializes in ultrasound-guided procedures and orthobiologics.
Dr. Ken is the Head Team Physician for UTSA and their NCAA Division 1 Athletics program. He serves as Chief Medical Officer for the Athletic Trainer residency. He is an active member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine and has presented at their national meetings. He is active in publishing peer-reviewed articles and newsletters pertaining to the growing scope of sports medicine and nonsurgical orthopedics.
Dr. Ken was born and raised in Flower Mound, TX, and attended Baylor University, where he graduated with a BS degree in Biology and Chemistry. He attended medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX, and served as president of the Sports Medicine Interest Group. He completed a Family Medicine Residency at UTMB and had the honor to serve as Chief Resident. He then completed a Primary Sports Medicine fellowship at the world-renowned Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopedics Clinic in Birmingham, AL. He is Board Certified in Family Medicine and has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine.
Dr. Ken and his wife, Krystal, enjoy participating in church activities, traveling, and attending sporting events. Dr. Ken is an avid high school, collegiate, and professional sports fan and collects limited edition sneakers in his spare time.
- 2021 - Fellowship - Primary Care Sports Medicine - Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics/ASMI, Birmingham, AL
- 2020 - MD - Medicine - UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- 2020 - Residency - Family Medicine Resident - Galveston, TX
- 2016 - MD - Doctor of Medicine - University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- 2011 - BS - Biology (Minor in Chemistry) - Baylor University, Waco, TX
- 9/2020 - Assistant Professor/Clinical - UT Health San Antonio, TX