Departments & Divisions
Noorpreet Kaur, BDS, MPH
Dr. Noorpreet Kaur received a MPH in Global Health Leadership at NYU School of Global Public Health in 2016. After receiving her BDS, Bachelor of Dental Surgery from Kurukshetra University BRS Institute of Medical Sciences Dental College and Hospital, she worked as an associate dentist at Advanced Orthodontic Dental Clinic in Chandigarh, India for 2 years. She led oral health school based screening programs during her time there. After receiving her BDS and completing a one year Nobel Bio-care Dental Implant Fellowship in Implant and Esthetic Dentistry in North India, she completed graduate research on neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) and explored the connection between NETs and implant osseointegration at Harvard University Extension School in 2013.
The lack of access to oral health care and vastly different hospital environments has influenced her desire for public health, attention to long-term outcomes, and advocacy in getting the appropriate laws in place. Her time learning from the overall diversity of the public health community, working with UN agencies, and the dental public health course, Issues in Global Pediatric Oral Health, has given her a great respect for the discovery and communication to practice public health. Noorpreet's passion involves community and preventive dentistry with a focus on Special Needs Dentistry, oral health policy and epidemiology.
- 2016 - MPH - Global Health Leadership and Health Policy Management - New York University School of Global Public Health
- 2010 - BDS - Bachelor of Dental Surgery - Kurukshetra University, BRS Institute of Medical Sciences Dental College and Hospital
- 2019 - Yale School of Public Health, Climate Change and Health Certificate - Adaptation and mitigation strategies to increase community resilience, designed climate change and oral health communication campaign plan - Yale School of Public Health
- 2016 - UNICEF & NYU SGPH Behavioral and Communication and Communications Strategies for Global Epidemics - Focus on Polio and Zika - UNICEF & NYU School of Global Public Health
- 2014 - United Nations World Food Programme & NYU SGPH Systems Approach to Food Access - United Nations World Food Programme & NYU School of Global Public Health
- 2010 - 1 Year Clinical Fellowship in Implant and Esthetic Dentistry - Nobel Biocare India
- 2010 - Clinical Rotations, Internship - BDS - Kurukshetra University, BRS Institute of Medical Science Dental College and Hospital
Research & Grants
New York University, College of Dentistry Global Outreach and SGPH capstone team: In partnership with NYUCD Schein Cares Global Student Dental Outreach program, "A General and Oral Health Needs Assessment in Rajasthan, India".
NYU School of Medicine, Department of Population Health: Internship on an NIH-NCI funded study titled Dentistry United to Extinguish Tobacco (DUET), in collaboration with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Conducted provider and patient chart reviews at dental clinics, assisting with DUET trainings, intervention components and cost analysis.
2015, 2016- Executive Board Member NYU CGPH Student Governing Council Communications Officer
2012- Operation Smile: University of Washington School of Dentistry
2012 Special Olympics, dental checkups for sports individuals who were granted medals and awards by the state of Washington
2010- Union Gospel Mission Dental Clinic