Rashmi S Katre, M.D.
Rashmi Katre is a board certified radiologist who has received highest level of specialty training in four fellowships in radiology at University of Texas Health San Antonio (UT Health). She is currently appointed as a clinical associate professor in the Emergency, Cardiothoracic and Breast imaging sections at UT Heath and University Hospital in the Department of Radiology, San Antonio since January 2013. Predominantly Dr. Katre works as an emergency radiologist and reads various modalities and examinations performed in emergency department of the hospital including but not limited to CT abdomen, pelvis, chest , and neuro CTs along with radiographs and US examinations. University hospital is a level one trauma center being said that she is versed with high volume imaging in the ER department as well as complex cases. Additionally, she specialized and considered an expert in reading cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), as well as cardiac computed tomography (CCT). She performs interpretations of chest radiographs and computed tomography exams for cancer patients and high resolution CT imaging of the interstitial lung diseases. Dr. Katre has more than 10 years of MRI experience in interpreting the studies as well as setting up the protocols. She is specialized in breast imaging and breast interventional procedures. She is proficient in performing ultrasound and stereotactic guided breast biopsies. She reads breast MRI, screening and diagnostic mammograms and breast ultrasound. A very few radiologists have completed fellowship caliber training that is dedicated to cardiac and breast MRI as well as breast interventional procedures. Dr. Katre has published several articles in peer reviewed journals and book chapters. She has presented abstracts at international conferences and won many prestigious awards. She is an active member of various renowned national and international Radiological Societies such as Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS).
- 2012 - Clinical Fellowship - Cardiothoracic Imaging - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2012 - Clinical Fellowship - Breast Imaging and Intervention - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2011 - Clinical Fellowship - Abdominal Imaging - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2010 - Clinical Fellowship - Body Magnetic Resonance Imaging - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2008 - Certificate - Medicine - Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- 2006 - Residency - Diagnostic Radiology - Seth Govardhandas Sundardas Medical College King Edwards Memorial Hopspital
- 2002 - Internship - Rotating Internship - Maharashtra Medical Foundation, Joshi Hospital
- 2000 - BM BS - Medicine, Surgery - Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College
- 1/2013 - Assistant Professor/Clinical and Attending Staff - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Radiology, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 6/2017 - Present, Rotation Student Supervision, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 10/2013 - Present, Cardiothoracic Imaging Morning Conference Series- Facilitator, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 1/2013 - Present, Radiology Residents Clinical Teaching, UTHSCSA, Radiology
Research & Grants
Funding Agency Fujifilm Title Project#: FMSU2013-004Funding Agency:Title: Acquisition of Digital Mammography and Breast Tomosynthesis Images for Clinical Evaluation of Fujifilm Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Status Complete Period 9/2014 - 12/2017 Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail
C S Restrepo, KATRE RASHMI S, Mumbower A. Anomalies and Malformations of the Pulmonary Circulation. In: C S Restrepo, Katre RS, Mumbower A. Multidetector - Row CT of the Thorax, Anomalies and Malformations of the Pulmonary Circulation. Springer Link; 2016. p. 393-412.
Sunnapwar A, Ojili Vijayanadh, KATRE RASHMI S, Shah H, Nagar A. Multimodality Imaging of Adult Gastric Emergencies: A Pictorial Review Indian Journal of Radiological Imaging 2017 Jan;27(1):13-22. Sunnapwar AG, Menias CO, Ojili V, Policarpio Nicolas M, KATRE RASHMI S, Gangadhar K, Nagar A. Abdominal Manifestations of Histiocytic Disorders in Adults: Imaging Perspective British Journal of Radiology 2016 Sep;89. Restrepo CS, KATRE RASHMI S, Mumbower A. Imaging Manifestations of Thoracic Tuberculosis Radiological Clinics of North America 2016 May;54(3):453-473. KATRE RASHMI S, MD, Abhijit Sunnapwar, MD, Carlos S. Restrepo, MD, Venkata S. Katabathina, MD, Amy Mumbower, MD, Ameya Baxi, MD, Sushilkumar Sonavane, MD. Cardiopulmonary and Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Eosinophil- associated Diseases and Idiopathic Hypereosinophilic Syndromes: Multimodality Imaging Approach RadioGraphics 2016 Mar;2:433-451. Sunnapwar AG, KATRE RASHMI S, Policorpio-Nicolas M, Katabathina V, Erian M. Imaging of Rare Primary Malignant Hepatic Tumors in Adults With Histopathological Correlation Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography 2016 Mar;00. Ameya Jagdish Baxi, Carlos Restrepo, Amy Mumbower, Michael McCarthy, and KATRE RASHMI. Cardiac Injuries: A Review of Multidetector Computed Tomography Findings Trauma monthly 2015 Nov;20(4).
- American Board of Radiology