Departments & Divisions
Institutes & Centers
Virginia Kaklamani, MD
Ruth McLean Bowman Bowers Chair in Breast Cancer Research and Treatment
A.B. Alexander Distinguished Chair in Oncology
Medical Director, Breast Oncology Program
Dr. Virginia G. Kaklamani is a professor of medicine in the division of hematology/oncology at UT Health San Antonio and is the leader of the Breast Cancer Program at UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Kaklamani completed her medical training with honors at the University of Athens and her residency in internal medicine at Newton-Wellesley Hospital in Boston. She completed her fellowship in hematology/oncology at Northwestern University. She also received a master of science degree in clinical investigation from Northwestern University. She was head of the Translational Breast Cancer Program at Northwestern University and co-director of Northwestern's cancer genetics program. Her research interests include studying high-risk families and identifying genetic mutations that are associated with an increased risk for breast, colon and prostate cancer. She has identified several genetic mutations related to obesity that increase the risk of breast cancer. Dr. Kaklamani is a clinical investigator with expertise in designing clinical trials with targeted agents.
- Residency - Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Graduate School - Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
- Medical School - National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- American Board of Internal Medicine/Medical Oncology
- AACR Guest Blog: How Do We Overcome Endocrine Therapy Resistance in Breast Cancers?
- Research teams present findings at Breast Cancer Symposium
- Cancer Center scientists report new insights about BRCA1 gene
- At SABCS today: Cancer Center launching new drug study that makes researchers into detectives
- 37th Annual Breast Cancer Symposium to open with new information and tough topics