Tammy D Harris, DMSc, MPAS, PA-C
Dr. Tammy Harris is an Assistant Professor and Associate Clinical Coordinator in the Department of Physician Assistant Studies, School of Health Professions, UT Health San Antonio.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of South Carolina, a bachelor’s and master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from the University of Nebraska Medical Center. She recently completed a Doctor of Medical Science with an emphasis in Medical Education, from the Department of Physician Assistant Studies, Medical University of Lynchburg in Virginia.
PA Harris is an Air Force trained physician assistant with 28 years of experience. After retiring from the Air Force in 2000, she continued to work as a PA at the University Hospital System and UT Health Physicians Department of Neurology. She practiced in Primary Care, Family Practice, Basic Military Troop Clinics for trainees and cadets, Seizure Clinic, Inpatient Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, Stroke Service, and Urgent/Acute Care. PA Harris received her faculty appointment to UT Health San Antonio in March 2017, and her passion is now teaching the next generation of PAs.
- 1998 - Master Degree (MPAS) - Physician Assistant Studies - University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 1992 - Bachelor Degree - Physician Assistant Studies - University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 1988 - Bachelor Degree - Biology - University of South Carolina
- 3/2017 - Assistant Professor/Clinical and Not Applicable - UT Health San Antonio, Physician Assistant Studies, San Antonio
- 5/2015 - Staff Physician Assistant - University Hospital System, University Medicine Associates, San Antonio
- 3/2013 - Staff Physician Assistant - UT MARC and University Health System, Epileptic Monitoring Unit, San Antonio
- 3/2011 - Staff Physician Assistant - Employee Health Clinic University Hospital System, San Antonio
- 11/2001 - Staff Physician Assistant - Community Medicine Associates, San Antonio
- 11/2000 - Contract Physician Assistant - Alliance for Wellness Group San Antonio
- 7/1992 - Staff Physician Assistant - US Air Force San Antonio
Research & Grants
Funding Agency Center for Humanities and Ethics Title Vaping: Adolescent Attitudes and Perceptions; Clearing the Smoke of Confusion Status Active Period 5/2019 - 5/2020 Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail 1,686.00 Funding Agency Linking Interprofessional Networks for Collaboration (LINC) Title VAPE: Vaping Assessment, Prevention, and Education Status Active Period 4/2019 - 4/2020 Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail 3,804.38