Katherine Harrison, M.D.
- 2004 - Doctor of Medicine - Emergency Medicine - University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 1993 - B.A. - Philosophy - Yale University
- 2019-Present - Assistant Professor / Clinical - UT Health San Antonio, Department of Emergency Medicine
- 2018-2019 - • Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine • Emergency Department Medical Director - National Medical Professionals, Nix Hospital Emergency Department
- 2010-2018 - • Contract staff Emergency Medicine physician • Level I trauma center, SAUSHEC EM Residency - San Antonio Military Medical Center
- 2008-2010 - • Assistant Professor Emergency Medicine; Division of Research • Level I trauma center, UMass Emergency Medicine Residency - UMass memorial Medical Group
Research & Grants
“Improving Care Delivery in the Emergency Department Using Discrete Event Simulation and Wireless Identification Technology." November 2009
- Assessment of the ability of two industrial engineering techniques, computerized discrete event simulation and wireless identification technology, to improve the timely application of evidence based care in an urban ED.
- Funded by the UMass Life Sciences Moment Fund
- Eric Dickson, Hari Balasubramanian, Katherine Harrison, Edwin Boudreaux
Broach JP, McNamara M, Harrison KA, Ambulatory Care by Disaster Responders in the Tent Camps of Port-au-Prince, Haiti, January 2010. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness 2010 4:116-121
Murphy P, Bachur R, Manno M, O’Neill M, Brent A, Harrison, KA “Pediatric Infectious Diseases” Essentials of Emergency Medicine Ed. Richard V. Aghababian, Jones & Bartlett 2005. Pp 550-569.
Harrison, KA. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Toxic Shock Syndrome. In: Salyer SW ed. Essential Emergency Medicine. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders 2007:536-540.
Harrison, KA. Shoulder Injuries. In: Salyer SW ed. Essential Emergency Medicine. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders 2007:647-651.
- 2005 - American Board of Emergency Medicine Certification
- Current ACLS, BLS, ATLS Instructor, PALS
- Fellow American College of Emergency Physicians
- Fellow American Academy of Emergency Medicine