Departments & Divisions
Kim M. Hanks, ACNP
Kim Hanks joined the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio in 2011 after moving to Texas with her husband, a career Air Force officer, from Alabama. Kim has over 20 years experience. She began her nursing career in the Surgical Trauma ICU at LSU Shreveport. She then, worked in the Neuroscience ICU at INOVA Fairfax Hospital, Virginia while they were stationed at the Pentagon. While in Alabama, Kim completed her Masters degree in Nursing, she has been a charge nurse, a preceptor, and has received multiple awards related to clinical care. Kim has held CCRN certification, is a Board Certified Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and is a member of several professional nursing organizations.
Kim’s an avid runner and enjoys spending time with husband, Eligah, and attending her kids sporting events. She’s the proud Mom of Maggie and Eligah III.
- 2010 - MSN - Nursing - University of Alabama Birmingham
- 1999 - BSN - Nursing - Northwestern State University
- 1994 - BS - Biology - Grambling State University
- 10/2013 - Specialist - The University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio, Cardiothoracic Surgery, San Antonio
- 2014 American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- 2015 American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Advanced Practiced Registered Nurse - Texas Board of Nursing