Departments & Divisions
Institutes & Centers
Chul S Ha, M.D.
CTRC Foundation Distinguished Chair Emeritus Radiation Oncology
Dr. Chul Ha is professor in department of radiation oncology at UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson Cancer Center. He is a nationally recognized expert in radiation oncology, especially for hematological malignancies such as lymphoma, myeloma and leukemia. He has a special expertise in unique treatment procedures such as total body irradiation in preparation for bone marrow transplant, total skin electron beam radiation therapy for certain skin conditions and radioimmunotherapy for lymphomas. His current research interests include the development of drugs that reduce the side effects of radiation therapy and chemotherapy, and the development of agents that are selective to cancer cells for imaging and targeted therapy.
He completed his medical education and residency training at Harvard University and spent 14 years at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center before joining the faculty at the UT Health San Antonio.
- 1992 - Residency - Radiation Oncology - Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Harvard Medical School
- 1988 - Internship - Medicine - New England Deaconess Hospital, Dept. of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- 1987 - MD - Medicine - Harvard Medical School
- 1982 - BA - Biochemistry (Summa Cum Laude) - Rice University
- 1/2012 - CTRC Foundation Distinguished Chair and Professor and Department Chair - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Radiation Oncology, San Antonio
- 12/2006 - Distinguished Chair in Radiation Oncology, Professor (with Tenure) & Chairman and Department Chair - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Radiation Oncology, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- - Present
- 1/2012 - Present, Masters' Thesis Directed, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- 1/2012 - Present, Ph.D. Dissertations Directed, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- 1/2009 - Present, Member, Clinical Initiative Committee for Medical Physics Residency Program, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- 1/2007 - Present, Rotation Student Supervision, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 1/2003 - Present, Memorial Hermann Hospital, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- 1/2001 - Present, M.D. Anderson International Spain Coverage of Lymphoma
- 6/1998 - Present, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- 1/1998 - Present, Lymphoma: Anatomy and Oncology for Medical Physicists
- 9/1996 - Present, Individual Instruction, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Radiation Oncology Part
- 2/1996 - Present, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- 1/1995 - Present, M. D. Anderson Cancer Center at Orlando
- 4/1994 - Present, Radiosurgery
- 1/1994 - Present, Treatment of Nasopharynx Cancer with Radiotherapy-Core curriculum
Delichas MG, Mavroidis P, Costa Ferreira B, Shi C, Gutierrez AN, Lind BK, Papanikolaou N, Ha CS. Lung cancer radiotherapy using 3D-CRT, MLC-based IMRT and Helical Tomotherapy; 2008 Sep. (27th ESTRO Annual Meeting, Goteborg, Sweden, Sep 2008). Guo B, Liu Y, Shi C, Mavroidis P, Ha CS, Papanikolaou N. Dose calculation for proton radiotherapy based on Monte Carlo simulation using anatomical detailed human model; 2008 Sep. (27th ESTRO Annual Meeting, Goteborg, Sweden, Sep 2008). Papanikolaou N, Stathakis S, Mavroidis P, Ha CS. Planned vs. Delivered Dose Distributions with and without Patient Setup Correction in Helical Tomotherapy; 2008 Sep. (27th ESTRO Annual Meeting, Goteborg, Sweden, Sep 2008).
- American Board of Radiology/Radiation Oncology