Sheldon Gross, M.D.
Associate Professor, Clinical
Dr. Sheldon Gross attended UTHSCSA from 1973 until 1977 and graduated AOA with an MD. He completed a 3 year residency in pediatrics at UTHSCSA from 1977 until 1980. He went on to complete a 3 year residency in Neurology from 1980 through 1983. This was also at UTHSCSA. He is board certified in both pediatrics as well as neurology with special competence in child neurology. Since 1983 he has been in the private practice of child neurology in San Antonio. He has continuously been either clinical faculty or part-time faculty at UTHSCSA in the department of pediatrics. He has been training child psychiatry fellows from UTHSCSA in child neurology for over 20 years. He has been president of Bexar County Medical Society and state chair of the TMA PAC as well as national chair of the AMA PAC. He enjoys teaching students and residents as well as the clinical practice of child neurology.
- 1977 - M.D - Medicine - UT Health San Antonio
- 1983 - Fellowship - Neurology/Child Neurology - UT Health San Antonio
- 1980 - Residency - Pediatrics - UT Health San Antonio
- 1978 - Internship - Pediatrics - UT Health San Antonio
- 3/2013 - Specialist - Dept. of Pediatrics - UT Health San Antonio
- 09/2010 - 2013 - Adjunct Associate Professor - Dept. of Pediatrics - UT Health San Antonio
- 09/2012 - Present - Adjunct Associate Professor - Dept. of Psychiatry - UT Health San Antonio
- 2021 - Associate Professor - UT Health San Antonio
10/2003 Neurologic Aspects of ADHD, Grand Rounds, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX (Invited Speaker)
05/2000 Migraine and Migraine Variants in Childhood, Grand Rounds, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX (Invited Speaker)
01/2003-Present American Medical Association, Political Action Committee Board of Directors
01/1998 - Present American Medical Association
01/2019 - Present Epilepsy Foundation of America, San Antonio Chapter - Vice Chair
01/2003 - 12/2004 Texas Medical Association, Polital Action Committee
01/2003 - 12/2003 Bexar County Medical Society Foundation President
Grose, C, Gross SG, Mackey R. Neurological Complications of Infectious Mononucleosis In: Schlossberg, David. Infectious Mononucleosis. New York, NY: Praeger; 1983. Book Chapter
Gross SG, Bell RD. Central pontine myelinolysis and rapid correction of hyponatremia. Tex Med 1982 Oct;78(10):59-60.
- 1985 - The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology