Varun K Goyal, M.D.
Medical Director Center for Life
Dr. Goyal received his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2011. He completed his Anesthesiology residency in 2016 followed by a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine in 2017, both at the University of Texas Medical Branch - Galveston.
- 2017 - Clinical Fellowship - Critical Care Medicine - University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston
- 2016 - Residency - Anesthesiology - University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston
- 2012 - Internship - Surgery - University of Texas - Southwestern Medical Center
- 2011 - MD - Medicine - University of Texas - Southwestern Medical Center
- 2007 - BA - Molecular and Cell Biology - University of California
- 7/2017 - Assistant Professor/Clinical - University of Texas Health San Antonio, Anesthesiology, San Antonio
- 2019 - Director, Surgical Intensive Care Unit - University Hospital
- 2020 - Co-Medical Director, Center for Life - University Hospital
Instruction & Training
- 2019, Director, Point of Care Ultrasound Curriculum, Department of Anesthesiology, UT Health San Antonio
- 2018 - Testamur, Examination of Special Competence in Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography
- 2017 - American Board of Anesthesiology/Critical Care Med
- 2017 - American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology