Departments & Divisions
Angel A Gomez, M.D.
Dr. Gómez-Cintrón is a musculoskeletal radiologist with special interest in image guided interventions, education and inclusion. Dr. Gómez-Cintrón also serves as the Diagnostic Radiology residency program director. He completed his medical school and radiology residency at the University of Puerto Rico, before MSK fellowship training at UT Health San Antonio. After fellowship, Dr. Gómez-Cintrón returned to the University of Puerto Rico as the residency program director and Body Imaging section chief. After five years, Dr. Gómez-Cintrón moved to The University of Alabama at Birmingham where he served as the section chief of the MSK section, director of MRI and associate residency program director. In 2017, Dr. Gómez-Cintrón returned to UT Health San Antonio. You can find Dr. Gómez-Cintron in the CT procedure room, actively participating in medical education, mentoring medical students or in the reading room.
- 2007 - Clinical Fellowship - Musculoskeletal - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2006 - Residency - Diagnostic Radiology (Chief Resident) - University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
- 2002 - Internship - Transitional - San Juan City Hospital
- 2001 - MD - Medicine (Magna Cum Laude) - University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
- 1997 - MPH - Public Health (Summa Cum Laude) - University of Puerto Rico School of Public Health
- 1996 - BA - Biology - DePauw University
- 8/2017 - Associate Professor and Musculoskeletal Radiology - University of Texas Health San Antonio, Diagnostic Radiology, San Antonio
- 1/2009 - Musculoskeletal Radiologist - Pavia Hospital, Diagnostic Radiology, San Juan
Instruction & Training
- 1/2002 - Present, Radiological Neuroanatomy
- American Board of Radiology