Kelly A Gardner, M.D.
Dr. Gardner earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology (Cum laude) from the University of Denver in 2002, and a Master of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Salutatorian) from Georgetown University School of Medicine in 2003. After five years in industry and research, Dr. Gardner decided to pursue a medical degree. She received her MD degree from UTHSCSA School of Medicine in 2011. She completed her anesthesiology residency also at UTHSCSA in 2015. After residency, she went into private practice in the San Antonio area. From 2016 to the present, Dr. Gardner has been part of the full-time clinical faculty.
- 2015 - Residency - Anesthesiology - University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Medicine
- 2011 - MD - Doctor of Medicine - University of Texas Health Sciencre Center, School of Medicine
- 2003 - MS - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Salutatorian) - Georgetown University School of Medicine
- 2002 - BS - Molecular Biology (cum laude) - University of Denver
- 8/2016 - Assistant Professor/Clinical - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Anesthesiology, San Antonio
- 02/2020 - Assistant Program Director of Medical Students and Rotator Education - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Department of Anesthesiology
- 09/2021 - Associate Professor/Clinical - UT Health San Antonio, Department of Anesthesiology
Instruction & Training
- 5/2018 - Present, Medical Student Lecture, UTHSCSA
- 6/2020 & 6/2021. Designed and implemented Anatomy Lab for Intern Bootcamp.
- 2/2020 - Present. Designed new medical student curriculum.
- 10/2019. Invited to speak at the Texas Association of Peri Anesthesia Nurses.
- 9/2017 - Present. Yearly Clinical Airway Fair.
- Gardner, K., Rasch, D. (2020) ‘Chapter 21: Perioperative Wheezing,” in Lois L. Bready, Susan H. Noorily, Rosemary Hickey (ed.) Decision Making in Anesthesiology: An Algorithmic Approach 5th Addition. London: Jayphee Brothers Medical Publishers. pp. 68-71.
- Gardner, K., Bustamante, J. (2020) ‘Chapter 177: Open-Globe Injury,’ in Lois L. Bready, Susan H. Noorily, Rosemary Hickey (ed.) Decision Making in Anesthesiology: An Algorithmic Approach 5th Addition. London: Jayphee Brothers Medical Publishers. pp. 558-559.
- King IN, Kathiriya IS, Murakami M, Nakagawa M, Gardner KA, Srivastava D, Nakagawa O. Hrt and Hes negatively regulate Notch signaling through interactions with RBP-Jkappa. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006 Jun 23;345(1):446-52. Epub 2006 Apr 27.
- Kathiriya IS, King IN, Murakami M, Nakagawa M, Astle JM, Gardner KA, Gerard RD, Olson EN, Srivastava D, Nakagawa O. Hairy-related transcription factors inhibit GATA-dependent cardiac gene expression through a signal-responsive mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2004 Dec 24;279(52):54937-43. Epub 2004 Oct 12.
- American Board of Anesthesiology