Departments & Divisions
James K Fitzpatrick, MD
James Fitzpatrick, M.D., J.D. is an Associate Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology in the Department of Anesthesiology at UT Health San Antonio.
Dr. Fitzpatrick received his Medical Doctorate from the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Michigan. His internship was completed in Internal Medicine at George Washington University in the District of Columbia and his residency in Anesthesiology was completed at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. He then completed his fellowship in Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Fitzpatrick is board certified in Anesthesiology and is a Diplomate in Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography. Finally, Dr. Fitzpatrick has a Juris Doctorate, having graduated Cum Laude from Northwestern University School of Law.
- 1997 - JD - Juris Doctorate - Northwestern University School of Law
- 1987 - MD - Doctor of Medicine - University of Michigan Medical School
- 1983 - Bachelor of Science - Biology - University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana
- 08/2014 – 05/2018 - Assistant Professor, Cardiac and Adult Multi-specialty Anesthesiology - University of Maryland School of Medicine
Instruction & Training
- 07/1988 – 06/1993, Residency, Urology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
- 07/2009 – 06/2010, Internship, Internal Medicine, George Washington University Hospital, Washington D.C.
- 07/2013 – 06/2014, Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Thoracic Surgery Liason, Department of Anesthesiology University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- 2016 - Diplomate, American Board of Anesthesiology
- 2014 - Diplomate, Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography