Hongxin Fan, M.D.
Dr. Hongxin Fan is a clinical associate professor at University of Texas Health San Antonio (UTHSA), and the technical director of Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory in Department of Pathology at UTHSA. She is ABMGG (American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics) certified on clinical molecular genetics. Her clinical focus is on using molecular diagnostic technologies to help with diagnosis and monitoring of infectious disease, solid tumor, hematology & oncology disease, as well as inherited disease. Her research interest includes molecular diagnostic assays R & D (research and development), as well as clinical researches using molecular methods. She is also involved in resident and fellow teaching about molecular pathology topics.
- 1990 - MS - Hematology - Zhejiang Medical University
- 1982 - MD - Medicine - Wenzhou Medical College
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - Clinical Molecular Genetics - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - EBV related diseases research - The University of Texas Health Science Center
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - Molecular Pathology - Luebeck Medical University
- Residency - Internal Medicine and Pediatrics - Quzhou City Hospital
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - EBV related diseases research - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 9/2012 - Clinical Associate Professor and Technical Director of Molecular Diagnostic Lab - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Pathology, San Antonio