Michael R Falk, CRNA
Michael Falk is the Chief Nurse Anesthetist in the Department of Anesthesiology at UT Health San Antonio.
Mr. Falk received his undergraduate degree in Nursing from the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee. After graduation he took a position in the coronary ICU and Cardiovascular units with the flagship hospital in Milwaukee for cardiovascular care, St. Luke’s Medical Center. In 1988 he moved to Texas and took a general ICU position in Fredericksburg. It was during this time he began volunteering with Texas Department of health, and with the local EMS service. In addition to his volunteer service as an EMT he became a paramedic instructor in which he volunteered his service for 4 years. In 1992 he enrolled at the UT health science center in San Antonio to pursue a Master’s degree as a clinical nurse specialist. In 1993 changed majors to nurse anesthesia and completed his Nurse Anesthesia Residency with the US Air Force. After graduation he took a solo position in West Texas until he migrated back to UT Health in San Antonio in 1997 where he has been the Chief CRNA since 2014.
- 1995 - MSN - Nursing - University of Texas Health Science Center/USAF
- 1987 - BSN - Nursing - University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee
Tarrow Award. Given to top performing clinical nurse anesthesia resident.
- 9/2014 - Chief CRNA - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Anesthesiology, San Antonio
- 12/2008 - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist - Michael Falk, CRNA PLLCHarper
- 1/2002 - Certified Register Nurse Anesthetist - University of Texas Health Science Center, Anesthesiology, San Antonio
Committee Member UT Health San Antonio Credentials Committee
Committee Member University Health System Credentials Committee
Member Perioperative Advisory Committee
Member medical mission trip to Guatemala bringing surgical services to remote area of the country
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists