Departments & Divisions
Marisa A. Earley, M.D.
Residency Program Director
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology
Marisa Earley, M.D., is an Assistant Professor with the Department of Otolaryngology at the UT Health San Antonio. Dr. Earley obtained her medical degree from Rutgers New Jersey Medical School in 2010. She completed her residency at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn, NY and then a fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology at NYU Langone Medical Center in New York. She is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Her academic interests include surgical management of pediatric airway obstruction, obstructive sleep apnea, chronic ear disease, neck masses, and sinonasal disease as well as patient safety and quality improvement. Dr. Earley sees patients at the University Health System's Pediatric Surgery Clinic on the main campus of the University Hospital. Appointments can be made by calling (210) 358-KIDS.
Please visit the UHS Pediatric ENT page for more information.
- 2016 - Postdoctoral Fellowship - Pediatric Otolaryngology - NYU Langone Medical Center
- 2015 - Residency - Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery - SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- 2011 - Internship - Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery - UMDNJ-Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- 2010 - MD - Medicine - UMDNJ-Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- 9/2016-Present - Clinical Assistant Professor - UT Health - San Antonio, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, San Antonio
- 6/2020-Present - Residency Program Director - UT Health San Antonio, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, San Antonio
- 2019-Present - Chair, Faculty Senate - UT Health San Antonio
- 11/2018-6/2020 - Associate Residency Program Director - UT Health San Antonio, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 9/2016 - Present, Individual Instruction - Clinical and Surgical-Residents and Medical Students, UT Health San Antonio
- 9/2016 - Present, Introduction to Otolaryngology Didactics for Junior Residents, UT Health San Antonio
- 9/2016 - Present, Research Study-Residents and Medical Students, UT Health San Antonio
- 2019-Present, Grand Rounds Curriculum development - UT and SAMMC combined education, UT Health San Antonio and SAMMC
- 2016-Present, Veritas Mock Interview-Preparation for UT Health Medical Students, UT Health San Antonio
- 2016-Present, Outreach Lectures-Pediatric Otolaryngologic Conditions and Surgeries for Community Pediatricians
- 2016-Present, Pediatric Tracheostomy Educational Program for Pediatric Nursing Staff, University Health System
- 2019-Present, Development of Standardized Otolaryngology Intern Curriculum for Tonsillectomy, UT Health San Antonio
Research & Grants
Scoping review assessing the effect of antifibrinolytics on intraoperative and post-operative tonsillectomy bleeding. Manuscript in process.
Post-Tonsillectomy Hemorrhage Control with Nebulized Tranexamic Acid: A Before and After Study. Manuscript in process.
Thermal Effect of Otolaryngologic Microscopes. Manuscript in process.
Retrospective review of antifibrinolytic use for any aerodigestive bleed at university hospital. Data collection.
Randomized control trial for use of nebulized tranexamic acid for post tonsillectomy hemorrhage; FDA approval for IND; Grant in process.
Residency Program Director - 2020-Present
Associate Residency Program Director - 2018-2020
Development of combined Grand Rounds education with UT Health San Antonio Otolaryngology-HNS and SAMMC Otolaryngology Faculty and Residents.
Research Committee, Dept OTO-HNS, Chair
Program Evaluation Committee, Dept of OTO-HNS, UTHSA, Member
Clinical Competency Committee, Department of Otolaryngology UTHSA, Member
Faculty Senate, UT Health San Antonio, Chair
Faculty Senate, UT Health San Antonio, Member
UT Health San Antonio Executive Committee, Member
Wellness and Resident Work Life Standing Committee, Member
Clinical Safety and Effectiveness Course: Pediatric Tracheostomy, Faculty Lead
Faculty Senate Governance Cmte, Chair
Facilities Configuration an Sanitization Work Grp, Member
Workforce Support Grp, Member
Pediatric Review Cmte, Member (Covid-19 related)
Institutional Approach to Conflicts of Interest and Commitment/Outside Activity, Member
Enterprise Design for Growth and Effectiveness Operational Leadership Cmte, Member
Pediatric OR Subcmte-University Health System, Member
Otolaryngology Program Directors Organization (OPDO) Curriculum Task Force, Member
Extraordinary Women in Medicine Leadership Award, Bexar County Medical Society - 2018
Teddy Bear Clinic: Pediatric Outreach
1. Earley MA, April MM. “Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy.” Atlas of Pediatric Head and Neck and Skull Base Surgery. Thieme, 2020; pending publication.
2. Ward RF, Earley MA. “Repair of Pyriform Aperture Stenosis.” Atlas of Pediatric Head and Neck and Skull Base Surgery. Thieme, 2020; pending publication.
3. Earley MA. “Vocal Fold Paralysis.” Pediatric Pulmonology, Asthma, and Sleep Medicine: A Quick Reference Guide. AAP Section on Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine, 2018, pp. 87-92.
4. Earley MA, Pham LT, April MM. Scoping review: Awareness of neurotoxicity from anesthesia in children in otolaryngology literature. Laryngoscope. 2017 Aug;127(8):1930-1937.
5. Lewis S, Earley M, Rosenfeld R, Silverman J. Systematic review for surgical treatment of adult and adolescent laryngotracheal stenosis. Laryngoscope. 2017 Jan;127(1):191-198.
- American Board of Otolaryngology