Departments & Divisions
Roxana E Delgado, PhD, MS
Assistant Professor / Clinical
Dr. Delgado is a health scientist and epidemiologist. With over a decade of experience on military medicine research, her research focuses on predictors and health outcomes in military caregivers, with emphasis in predictors and long-term trajectory of disease and illness. Dr. Delgado’s work includes characteristics of caregiving and suicide, especially associated with caregivers of wounded, ill and injured military and veterans. Her professional experience was inspired by her firsthand caregiving experience as the wife of a combat-wounded Veteran. She is a Dole Foundation Fellow Alumna and co-author of “The Caregivers Companion”.
- 2016 - Postdoctoral Fellowship - Epidemiology and Biostatistics (NA) - University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- 2013 - PhD - Health Sciences (Summa Cum Laude) - University of Texas at El Paso
- 2003 - MS - Epidemiology (Cum Laude) - University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences
- 1999 - BS - General Science-Natural Sciences (Cum Laude) - University of Puerto Rico at Rio Piedras
- 5/2012 - Clinical Nursing and Instructor of Clinical Nursing - University of Texas at El Paso, Nursing Deans Office, El Paso
Research & Grants
Funding Agency Title Texas Veterans and Family Alliance Status Active Period 12/2016 - 11/2017 Role Co-Investigator Grant Detail
Delgado RE. Integrative Medicine Experience in the US Department of Defense Medical Acupuncture 2015 Jan;.