Departments & Divisions
Michael A Davis, M.D.
Dr. Davis is the Musculoskeletal fellowship director at UT Health San Antonio. Dr. Davis’s studies have been published in multiple journals, including Radiographics. His educational exhibits have been presented at conferences including the Radiological Society of North America, The American Roentgen Ray Society and the Society of Skeletal Radiology. Dr. Davis has been invited to speak at local and national meetings including the Texas Radiological Society. Prior to joining UT Health San Antonio, Dr. Davis earned his medical degree from Loma Linda University. He completed his residency at the University of Arizona. He was granted a fellowship in musculoskeletal radiology at UC San Diego.Dr. Davis is board certified by the American Board of Radiology. He is a member of the Radiological Society of North America and the Society of Skeletal Radiology. Dr. Davis has received honors including “Teacher of the Year” from the Department of Radiology at UT Health San Antonio and a certificate of merit from the Radiological Society of North America. He has been voted a "Top Doctor" by San Antonio Scene for numerous years.
Dr. Davis is interested in the full spectrum of musculoskeletal imaging, including musculoskeletal oncology and infection, sport injuries, musculoskeletal interventions, and musculoskeletal ultrasound. He is dedicated to improving patient care and to the core values of UT Health San Antonio and the Long School of Medicine. In addition to clinical work and research, he enjoys teaching and mentoring medical students, residents, and fellows.
- 2016 - Clinical Fellowship - Musculoskeletal Radiology - UC San Diego Medical Center
- 2015 - Residency - Diagnostic Radiology - University of Arizona Medical Center
- 2011 - Internship - Transitional Year - Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- 2004 - BS - Molecular Biology (Magna Cum Laude) - University of California
- 7/2016 - Assistant Professor - University of Texas Health San AntonioSan Antonio
Instruction & Training
- - Present, UT San Antonio Department of Radiology Board Review Lecture Series, UT Health San Antonio Department of Radiology
- 3/2019 - Present, MSK Radiologic Imaging I for Physical Medicine Rehabilitation, UT Health San Antonio
- 2/2018 - Present, Introduction to Musculoskeletal Radiology for medical students, UT Health San Antonio
- 9/2017 - Present, Introduction to musculoskeletal mri interpretation for orthopedic residents, UTHSCSA
- 7/2017 - Present, Texas Bone Club Case Conference Facilitator (weekly), UT Health San Antonio
- 3/2017 - Present, Clin Diag Radi:Refresher Course, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 3/2017 - Present, Review of Radiology for the Intern, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 2/2017 - Present, Radiological Anatomy Physiolog, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1/2017 - Present, Musculoskeletal Radiology Resident Didactic Series Lecturer, UT Health San Antonio
- 7/2016 - Present, Rotation Student Supervision, UT Health San Antonio
- American Board of Radiology