Haider Darkzali, MD
Haider Darkzali, M.D., is the director of Neuroanesthesia, clinical assistant professor of Anesthesiology.
He graduated from the University of Baghdad School of Medicine in Baghdad, Iraq, where he completed his internship in medicine and general surgery. His residency in Anesthesia and Intensive Care was completed in Amman, Jordan. He then completed his fellowship in Neuroanesthesiology at the University of Texas, Houston, Texas, and another fellowship in Acute Pain Management and Regional Anesthesia at Mount Sinai Hospitals, Manhattan, New York.
- 2000 - Doctor of Medicine - University of Baghdad
- 2018 - Fellow in Regional Anesthesiology - Mount Sinai Hospitals, Manhattan, New York, United States
- 2017 - Fellow in Neuroanesthesiology - McGovern Medical School, University of Texas, Houston, Texas, United States
- 2012 - European Diploma of Anesthesia I in Anesthesia - European Society of Anesthesia, Brussels, Belgium
- 2010 - Resident in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care - Arab Board for Health Specialization, Damascus, Syria
- 2007 - Resident in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care - Jordanian Hospitals, Amman, Jordan
- 2002 - Internship in Internal Medicine - General Surgery/Pediatrics - Baghdad General Hospitals, Baghdad, Iraq
- 2010-2013 - Attending Anesthesiologist - Jordan Hospitals, Jordan
- 2019-2021 - Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology - The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Research & Grants
1994 - 2000
Grant - Ministry of Higher Education Monetary award for education
1999 - 2000
Dean's List - University of Baghdad, Medical College
Certificate of Appreciation - Ramadi General Hospital For being loyal and compassionate with the patients.
Certificate of Appreciation - Baghdad General Hospital For improvising an alternative way to connect EKG monitors to the patients in the cardiac care unit.
Certificate of Appreciation - Baghdad General Hospital For working beyond the regular work hours to support the health care providers to ensure the best services for the patients.
Certificate of Appreciation - Pediatric Hospital For outstanding work ethic and teamwork
Certification of Excellence - Department of Health In HIV/STD training program
Certificate of Appreciation - Baghdad General Hospital For exceptional services provided for dialysis patients
Letter of Recognition and Appreciation - Iraq Department of Health For exceptional services in rescuing terrorist attack casualties
Letter of Recognition and Appreciation - Ministry of Iraq For exceptional services provided through school health services
2008 - 2010
Grant - Ministry of Higher Education Monetary award for education for Iraqi doctors studying outside the country.
2009 - 2010
A resident of the Year Award - Department of Anesthesiology Residency Program, Jordanian Hospitals
2014 - 2015
Grant - Health profession Opportunity Grant Program (HPOG) Monetary award for education
2015 - 2017
Grant - U.S. Department of Labor H1B Skills Training Program Monetary award for education
Updates of Infiltration between Popliteal Artery and Capsule of Knee (IPACK) Blocks - Department of Anesthesiology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York